What is...? Have you done...?

DMLyons

I've been looking at the Dawn Dailies, and I really have to ask...

What is The Perfect Couple Game? How does it differ (or does it) from the Not-So-Newlywed Game? They don't explain what it is, so I really don't know.

What is the Battle of Pans? Honestly... If that is something people are supposed to recognize, it's lost on me. :confused:

I see a Global Beer Tasting and a European Beer Tasting. Either one of these worth it? My husband doesn't like bottom rung beer choices and has enjoyed beers he's gotten in Europe. What is the opinion on these? Oh, and how much do they charge for them?

How much do they charge for the Presumed Murdered Lunch? And...has anyone done it? Did you enjoy it? NO SPOILERS PLEASE. Thanks!

Do you have to be present at the drawing of the Spa raffle to win or can you enter earlier that day (as I've heard you can) and they'll let you know if you win later (which no one specifically mentioned)?

Thanks much!

DML

I've been looking at the Dawn Dailies, and I really have to ask...

What is The Perfect Couple Game? How does it differ (or does it) from the Not-So-Newlywed Game? They don't explain what it is, so I really don't know.

What is the Battle of Pans? Honestly... If that is something people are supposed to recognize, it's lost on me. :confused:

I see a Global Beer Tasting and a European Beer Tasting. Either one of these worth it? My husband doesn't like bottom rung beer choices and has enjoyed beers he's gotten in Europe. What is the opinion on these? Oh, and how much do they charge for them?

How much do they charge for the Presumed Murdered Lunch? And...has anyone done it? Did you enjoy it? NO SPOILERS PLEASE. Thanks!

Do you have to be present at the drawing of the Spa raffle to win or can you enter earlier that day (as I've heard you can) and they'll let you know if you win later (which no one specifically mentioned)?

Thanks much!

DML

I can tell you that the Perfect Couple Game is just like the Newlywed Game, except it includes non-married couples as well. Last year on the Sun, my two daughters and their boyfriends were chosen to compete. I also think you have to be present for the Spa drawing.

Robin

Battle of the Pans is a cooking contest between ship officers. On our last cruise on the Dawn, it was the captain against the hotel director held in the main atrium. Tables are setup with all the ingredients, pans and what seemed to be induction cooktops.

The dish they needed to create was "Steak Diane". They take volunteers from the audience to taste the results and declare the winner. They also pass out copies of the recipe.

This was quite fun to watch. Get there early as seats fill up fast.

The tastings are usually $15pp, I have only done Martini, Margarit and Mojito ones so can't say anything about beer tastings.

You need to be present to win on all raffles. The raffle tickets are usually in two parts, you surrend one half to the drum (they might have done this for you in advance) and keep the another. When the winner is picked, they will read the numbers and if the person having the matching other half of the ticket is present, that's it, otherwise they pick another winner until they get a winner that is present. For most raffles you can put your tickets in during several days before the big day.

Thanks to everyone! These answers help a lot.

I would still be interested in the opinions of beer aficionados of the Global Beer Tasting and the European Beer Tasting, so if anyone has done them... Good? Bad? If you are picky about your beer, is it worth it to you?

And...if anyone knows how much they charge for Presumed Murdered Lunch? Thanks.

Brenna

Thanks to everyone! These answers help a lot.

I would still be interested in the opinions of beer aficionados of the Global Beer Tasting and the European Beer Tasting, so if anyone has done them... Good? Bad? If you are picky about your beer, is it worth it to you?

And...if anyone knows how much they charge for Presumed Murdered Lunch? Thanks.

Brenna

I ran a search for you about the Presumed Murdered Lunch and found a post stating the cost was $20 pp. A good deal all around...food and entertainment. I'm planning to attend on Epic when we sail. Thank you for this post, I had no idea what most of those things were either. Have a great time!

I ran a search for you about the Presumed Murdered Lunch and found a post stating the cost was $20 pp. A good deal all around...food and entertainment. I'm planning to attend on Epic when we sail. Thank you for this post, I had no idea what most of those things were either. Have a great time!

Just beware.... we booked the murder mystery lunch for the Breakaway inaugural sailing but when we arrived on board, the show was a comedy family reunion.... def not what we expected....

Just beware.... we booked the murder mystery lunch for the Breakaway inaugural sailing but when we arrived on board, the show was a comedy family reunion.... def not what we expected....

Oh! I'd probably love that even more! As long as I find it entertaining I'm cool.

Oh! I'd probably love that even more! As long as I find it entertaining I'm cool.

I like dinner theater in general. The murder mystery sounded good, but having gone to dinner theater several times, I probably wouldn't be offended by any dinner theater setup.

Thanks to everyone for the information!

DML

You know, it's really odd. Sometimes I can find things easily with the search, and sometimes I can't. The first time I searched for it, I found a lot of unrelated things. :confused: This time, I found a question and answer about price right away.

I also tend to have problems with email notifications of new posts on threads I'm following. Sometimes I will get 3-5 copies of the same exact post...and no, I didn't reply to them at all (or if I did, I replied once or twice on the thread), so it's not a case of getting one for each reply I have on a thread. Sometimes I don't get any reply notices at all and have to check at CC for replies...or I only receive sporadic ones but not others (for instance, I only saw 2 of the last 4 appear in email at all on this thread), and since they aren't just people replying to me directly... Really, I'm kind of confused by what I get or don't get.

DML

I'm not very big on comedy in general but I was not impressed with 2nd city on the breakaway and they were the ones that did the murder mystery I mean dysfunctional family reunion. I did like it better than expected but we booked for Tuesday I believe but they called me at 730am to cancel the 1230pm show. They stated that a staff member was ill and was postponed to Saturday but the shows all had tons of tickets, even our 1 show was not full....

Archived