NCL vs Princess (Norwegian Dawn vs Sapphire Princess) and first time cruisers.

Florida? That is a game changer and pushes Celebrity to the top of the list over NCL.

My mom is really set on going on a cruise that goes through Christmas Day and all of their Holiday cruises are over our budget. It also seems a little too 'posh' for our taste.

NCL is looking like our best bet ATM. The Pearl seems pretty darn great.

We are going to a travel agent to hopefully get a rough estiment on the price of everything. I really hope we can go to the Caribbean on Christmas but if all else fails we will still be able to go the Rivera or go a week before Christmas. P.S. I'm sorry if my sentenced don't make sense or I make typos. I suck at texting

Superpowers -- We once took a Celebrity cruise that covered both Christmas and New Years. A wonderful solution to holidaying if you can swing it. Nowadays we prefer, for cost reasons, to take cruises before Christmas.

This year we will return Dec. 22 from 20 days in Mexico and Hawaii on Carnival Miracle. Next year ditto for NCL Pearl in the Caribbean. That way we take advantage of low prices while still getting the enjoyment of all the holiday hoopla.

I spend quite a bit of time researching various cruises, deck plans and air prices. Nothing wrong about paying less for the same amenities as your fellow passengers.

I would recommend NCL for a 16 year old. Do you want to have more opportunities to be social? NCL would be good practice with a bit more of a younger crowd. I found NCL to be as kind in their treatment of passengers as Princess. My mother loved NCL as much as Princess and she was 68 on our last cruise!

Being social will get easier the more you practice. It can be terrifying and intimidating if you aren't used to it, but life is just better with healthy relationships! (sorry, I'm a counselor) :p

Welp, It looks like our first cruise is going to be on the Mexican Rivera on the Sapphire Princess.

Thank you all, I'm going to add a countdown timer!

Well then. You will have a great time on Princess too. I've been on that glorious ship and it's a delight. :o

Archived