Recent Jewel Cruisers?

psycomac

I went back to page 4 or 5 and with the exception of a recent Alaska review (awesome job btw Aurora :) ) there isn't much recent talk on this ship.

I'm looking at the 7 day W Caribbean out of NOLA in October. Any info on the ship, staff, cabins (OS deck 10 specifically) and kids program would be appreciated.

Yes, I'm looking at the reviews pages but I'd like some direct answer, non-review format, type information which is why I started the thread :P

Also the ports listed, any experience with those...about the only thing for sure is DH wants to do the mayan ruins so we're thinking the 4 hour one and not the 7 (no way DD or mommy is gonna wanna do 7 hours trekking through a jungle lol)

Ports for the one we want are:

Cozumel, Mexico

Belize City, Belize

Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

Costa Maya, Mexico

Thanks!

I can't help with the ports, but we've sailed on the Jewel twice in the past 16 months, and I can assure you the crew is fantastic! The ship is in wonderful shape. We stayed in the OS on Deck 10 Starboard side, so here are a few photos that might be of interest to you...

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

ry%3D480

Roatan is a great spot and you can get a van with driver for the day for less than $50. We were just on the Jewel for Alaska and the ship is really great and the staff is remarkably friendly and helpful. Any other questions and I will try to answer. J

I was in a penthouse suite between the two OS on Deck 10 last week. Madel is the Butler and Oswald is the steward. Leah is the Concierge. Madel is leaving NCL in 6 weeks. Leah is filling in for John D'Souza's vacation so she will be leaving in 5 weeks. I am not sure when Oswald's vacation is coming up; he was excellent.

The OS is nice but I also really liked the 2 BR non Haven suites on Deck 11 also. That gives you two distinct bedrooms; the OS on Deck 10 is really one big room.

The Jewel staff is fantastic and the Cagney's staff is wonderful. I was on the Jewel in Alaska so I can't help with those ports.

Thanks for all the replies (and for those awesome picks waldo!)

I want an extra sea day (momma likes her water :p) so I think we're going to do the one with only 3 ports and Montego Bay. I've 'jumped ship' like 3 times now lol First Breakaway, then Gem, now Jewel lol But hopefully Jewel is the final one. It's closer to the itinerary we really want, when we want to go and in what cabin we want to sail (though I'll have to "settle" for OS on deck 9 instead of 10 haha)

I just can't wait to be able to actually book something lol less than 3 weeks (if all things go right) and I'll be able to. Of course now I have to completely restart my departure port research since I don't know anything about NOLA other than I want to see the houses that Anne Rice based her Mayfair witch house on lol

I'm on the Jewel out of NOLA for the Halloween cruise. If you want an extra sea day Belize is a good one since you wouldn't have to bother w the tenders. If you want a quiet sea day stay on for cozumel.

I like the western Caribbean itinerary because I can dive in multiple ports (I usually only dive once but it gives me options). I love Cozumel. Lots to do and something for everyone. This year I'm snorkelling w a private party. Belize I've dove, cave tubed and done a "jungle" raft tour where I drove my own dingy (until it broke down 1/3 of the way there). Great tour despite technical issues. Roatan I usually just find a beach somewhere but this year we are doing dune buggy's. Costa Maya the port has a pool and lots of bars/shops. Some never leave the port area. I usually do an all inclusive somewhere for the day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have't sailed the Jewel yet, but am in September (I can't wait). However, I have done that itinerary twice, once on the Star and once on the Dawn. I would do the following:

Honduras: Maya Key

Belize: Extra Sea Day

Costa Maya: Maya Chan

Cozumel: Mr. Sancho's

Costa Maya:

25qu886.jpg

33upjkp.jpg

Cozumel:

1zivxu.jpg

2rc7six.jpg

I have't sailed the Jewel yet, but am in September (I can't wait). However, I have done that itinerary twice, once on the Star and once on the Dawn. I would do the following:

Honduras: Maya Key

Belize: Extra Sea Day

Costa Maya: Maya Chan

Cozumel: Mr. Sancho's

Thanks for the reply..We're actually changing and doing the 3 port stop because I want an extra day at sea lol Great pictures :) (even though 2 of them are mysteriously upside down lol)

Archived