Will I like the Sun Princess????

judyf

Just looking to see what the NCL folks have to say about this ship. I haven't had a chance to do any research yet but I always trust your opinions.

I loved the NCL Dawn in May and the CCL Legend was just as great. I liked the size of these ships.

Will I enjoy the Sun Princess? I see a great itinerary on this ship for the week I can cruise 4/8/06 and the price doesn't look bad either.

What do you think the good and the bad, please.

Thanks

Thanks. If I'm correct from reading other posts, does Princess have a form of Freestyle Dining?

I plan to jump to the Princess Board just wanted a fair opinion from another board then the Princess board.

Thanks

In a way, it is freestyle on Princess. They have a buffet for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night snacks. for dinner, they use half of the buffet seating area and use tablecloths for a different setting. You can also eat in one of the dining rooms whenever you want for dinner (from 5 - 10 p.m.) or reservation seating in the other dining room.

So far, Princess and NCL are the only ones with this set up. I wish that some of the other lines adopt this idea. Of the 18 cruises I have been on, I like the freestyle more. Too much of going to the dining room every night at the same time and sitting with the same people.

Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I thought. I'm leaning towards this cruise but also thinking of Hawaii but don't think the rest of the family can go as early as April 06.

Thanks

judyf, we sailed the Sun Princess 10-day intinerary this past November. The itinerary was great but there wasn't much to do on the ship, especially late at night. I think we're spoiled by the Conquest and Explorer of the Seas. Anyway, we enjoyed it.

we have sailed on the carnival legend and sun princess. between the two princess was a beautiful ship! we were on a 10 day and lets say it was very relaxing. a little more to do on carnival but would go with princess again in a heart beat. have a great cruise!

I sailed on the Sun Princess for 10 days back in 2003 with two of my daughters. We shared an inside cabin and we're still alive to tell about it! :D Seriously, it was a nice ship, although I had sailed on the brand new Star Princess the year before so it was hard not to compare ships. Quite similar in decor and many of the public rooms are named and look the same. One thing about Princess, they believe in consistency! Sometimes to the point of "same old same old". I admit, I like a little variation from ship to ship. It's fun to have different themes. But, overall, we enjoyed the Sun Princess. Have you asked over on the Princess boards? :)

Just looking to see what the NCL folks have to say about this ship. I haven't had a chance to do any research yet but I always trust your opinions.

I loved the NCL Dawn in May and the CCL Legend was just as great. I liked the size of these ships.

Will I enjoy the Sun Princess? I see a great itinerary on this ship for the week I can cruise 4/8/06 and the price doesn't look bad either.

What do you think the good and the bad, please.

Thanks

They have what is called Anytime Dining. You can choose Traditional Dining which is always in the same dining room or you can go with Personal Choice and eat when you like in other dining rooms. We mixed and matched. I was signed up for Traditional and we had a wonderful time meeting our tablemates (one was even an actor.) We also got to know our waitstaff. But, we also enjoyed eating in the other dining room whenever we chose every once in awhile like when we got back late from a port. One time my older daughter and I wanted to sit alone so we could get out early and catch a show. The other folks at our table did the same thing now and then. Either way, we felt we had the best of both worlds.

Thanks. If I'm correct from reading other posts, does Princess have a form of Freestyle Dining?

I plan to jump to the Princess Board just wanted a fair opinion from another board then the Princess board.

Thanks

Archived