MSC Divina Cat 8 Cabin 9145

youngcruiserFL

Hello, fellow MSCruisers. I have booked Cat 8 cabin 9145 for an upcoming MSC Divina sailing and I was wondering if anyone has been in this cabin. From the deck plan, it looks like it has a substantially larger balcony than the other Cat 8 cabins. Is this correct? Would you guys recommend this cabin? Many thanks.

Hello, fellow MSCruisers. I have booked Cat 8 cabin 9145 for an upcoming MSC Divina sailing and I was wondering if anyone has been in this cabin. From the deck plan, it looks like it has a substantially larger balcony than the other Cat 8 cabins. Is this correct? Would you guys recommend this cabin? Many thanks.

I've found an image of the starboard side of the ship, your cabin is port side, with the area of interest on it.

It shows decks 8 and 9 cabin numbers 8144 and 9146 and clearly shows the balcony for 8144 is a lot bigger than the standard cabin such as 8142

I would assume that 9146 (and as such 9145) will be the same size. the angle of the photo makes the deck 9 cabin slightly obscured by the hump.

If yoiu want a big balcony , albeit with only a 90 degree field of view instead of the usual 180 degree then go for it

9146.jpg

Pete

I can't find the link, but have seen pictures from the inside of this cabin. The balcony is bigger, but the folks who had it said most of the space was wasted, perhaps as it was in the shade, and the cabin was quite dull as a result. If you like the shade I suppose it would be perfect, but for a sun and light lover like me the large balcony would not be worth it.

If you have already booked it don't worry, as all of these things are marginal and opinion. Any balcony on any ship will be great.

I've searched and searched the internet for photos similar to the ones in this thread of the aft end of the Divina - close enough for me to determin if our cabin has a steel balcony or not.

Does anyone know for sure or have a link to a close up of the back of the ship?

Thank you so much

I've searched and searched the internet for photos similar to the ones in this thread of the aft end of the Divina - close enough for me to determin if our cabin has a steel balcony or not.

Thank you so much

Using the image of Divina on the MSC web site (and expanding it) in conjunction with the deck plan, you'll see that 9423 is directly oposite 9246. and 9 cabins back from the point at which the cabins are stepped back

So counting back from there gives a cabin that has a glass balcony and we can assume it is the same on the port side.

9243.jpg

92461.jpg

Hope this is what you want to see:):):)

Pete

yippeee! NOW I see how you all get those close ups :D

Thankfully, it iS what I wanted to see. :) Really looking forward to the MSC experience come January.......:)

Thank you so much for going the extra mile there.

Just for you a real close up,all at the touch of a button (well two actually; Ctrl and +) you can even see the pasenger on the balcony two to the left of the one pointed at by the arrow

92432.jpg

Thank you so much

Here is a link to a youtube video that includes cabin 8258 which is probably similar to yours but on the port side.

Just for you a real close up,all at the touch of a button (well two actually; Ctrl and +) you can even see the pasenger on the balcony two to the left of the one pointed at by the arrow

Thanks so much -- now I know I must always keep my clothes on - never know when a shutterbug might bite! ;)

.....and thank you so much for the video, Bobby - we are really looking forward to our first MSC..........

Archived