Where do the locals eat/drink?

allsettocruise

• 4 weeks later...

I have a friend that lives in Bermuda. He took me to Fourways. It is a very good restaurant. I had the Beef Tenderloin and it was very good. The chocolate souffle was wonderful. It is a very nice restaurant. I have also been to NorthRock and the Italian restaurant close to Horseshoe Bay. It was good. I have been to Swizzle Inn too. When I went to Fourways, I wore a nice dress. It is not a shorts kinda place. I really enjoyed it. It is better to have reservations.

We ate last week at the Pickled Onion which is located on Front Street in Hamilton. They have an a/c dining room and an outdoor balcony on the 2nd floor where you can view Front Street and the waterfront. The food was very good and not very expensive.

Many of the folks dining were clearly "locals".

Try Big Eats just outside the entrance to Dockyard, next to the Correction Facility. Perhaps Country Squire in Somerset. If you are along Middle Rd near Heron Marketplace then Island Cuisine is a very fine choice. For a local diner that may not be funky enough for Guy but has really good food then try Paraquet near Elbow Beach. Maybe checkout the 'lunch on the go' truck parked at John Smith's Bay - great jerk chicken and curried goat.

While "locals" eat evrywhere since its tough to find "bad" eats on the island try to think outside the box. I like to think if there are a bunch of taxis with drivers waiting its a tourist'y spot, if there are a bunch of taxis with no drivers sitting in them its a good local spot

Archived