Weather??

I'm leaving July 2nd on the Navigator (San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten. Nassau). Can any one tell me who just got back from there in the last few weeks how the weathers been?? I have checked the weather for like the last week(s) and its been raining and Thunder storms the whole time:( . Is the weather like Hawaii where it rains for a few minutes and than stops or......

Any insight will help. I'v been really looking forward to this vacation and coming from Washington state I hope its not raining the whole time we are there. Thanks:)

I'm leaving July 2nd on the Navigator (San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten. Nassau). Can any one tell me who just got back from there in the last few weeks how the weathers been?? I have checked the weather for like the last week(s) and its been raining and Thunder storms the whole time:( . Is the weather like Hawaii where it rains for a few minutes and than stops or......

Any insight will help. I'v been really looking forward to this vacation and coming from Washington state I hope its not raining the whole time we are there. Thanks:)

It's like any weather...it can change daily. That's the chance you take sailing the Caribbean in the summer months, which is the rainy season. Wish I could be more promising. Really it won't spoil your trip....just go and have fun!

I was at all those ports on 6/12 - 6/19......I checked weather.com daily and freaked myself out! It said rain/thunderstorms daily....we didn't have any trouble at all....and this was around tropical storm arlene time! It did rain late at night 2x.....awesome to go up to a lounge and watch the lightening! The only time we had any rain during the day was in Nassau, a local said that it was their rainy season.....it downpoured for 15-20 and then blue skies!!! I would recommend packing a poncho to take with you to the different ports. You'll have a great time!! ( I've heard that due to high humidity, some places just have rain in the forcast daily...if it actually rains at all, it should be over quickly!)

They call it "liquid sunshine". We cruised in July and it may have rained some every day, but it rains maybe for an hour and then the sun comes out. Like one of the other posters said, take a poncho (because if you buy it on the island you overpay), you can get them at Walmart, Target etc. Get off the ship and enjoy, rain or shine.

Archived