Celebrity, Europe/Mediterranean

Shari2

Hi Everyone...am considering a European/Mediterranean cruise and really like Celebrity line...I would love some comments on which ship and ports you liked and why. Any information about cruising to this area would be helpful also.

Thank you for any suggestions.

We've done four Med cruises (RCCI and X) and several land trips in various Med areas - all late fall. We like the museums and archeological sites. I most like the eastern med - Venice (start of stop there and spend extra days on the island). Croatia (Dubruvnik), Greece (Mykonos, Rhodes, Athens, Santorini, Kotokolan), Turkey (Istanbul, Ephasis) are all great. But western ports are great too. We go off season to avoid crowds and overly warm weather.

Much depends upon what you are looking for. . . beaches, art, architecture, history?

We are going in the fall (October), on western Med with an overnight in Venice. Prices were just right, and I hear the weather is too. Never been before, but we are sure looking forward to it...13 days on a cruise. I did some research before we decided. Not that it made it easier, but we thought in another couple of years we will do an eastern Med. Something to look forward to. :D

I'll wait for TerryInOhio as I'm sure you'll get a lovely write up with photos :-) (pardon if i got the name wrong lol)

As for me - my favorite ports to date are Santorini, Greece (love Oia Village), Rome (well - i like this more for pre/post cruise as it's not close to the port), Dubrovnik Croatia, Rhodes, Greece was cute too. Barcelona Spain is also enjoyable.

We tend to go in October, but next year we are doing a May cruise in the Med on the Silhouette. Can't wait!

I would highly recommend spending a few days pre cruise somewhere near port - because you'll want to get the jetlag stuff behind you and just settle into Europe a bit before cruising. We usually do 3 days.

We are going in the fall (October), on western Med with an overnight in Venice. Prices were just right, and I hear the weather is too. Never been before, but we are sure looking forward to it...13 days on a cruise. I did some research before we decided. Not that it made it easier, but we thought in another couple of years we will do an eastern Med. Something to look forward to. :D

Another fun thing in Venice in October is the flooding. At least each time I've been there in october it's done it. They set up these platforms in St Marks Square and you have to walk on them if you dont want to get wet. Me, I took off my shoes and socks and enjoyed the feel of it :-)

One negative is if you had to roll luggage around - it gets tricky if it's flooded. If you're doing an overnight there, you should be good :-)

We did a Western Med o/night in Venice as a 1st cruise last year on Solstice and love every port although it was tiring with so many back to back port days.

We have just booked Eclipse for a Baltics trip next June, can't wait as some of the reviews and photos are stunning.

Onessa...thank you...I would also like to visit some museums and archeological sights. Good to know about the Fall, and avoiding the heat and crowds in the summer.

bencruzN...thank you...I would like an overnight in Venice, also. Hope you have a great cruise.

Ariawoman...thank you...I will watch for the review from TerryInOhio. Are they on the cruise right now? That's great to know about the flooding in October. I was thinking of going a day before the cruise, but it sounds like at least 2 days would be better...I will consider that. The May cruise on the "Sillouette" sounds so great. Hope you have a great time. I have been on the "Infinity" twice, and the "Zenith" once, and really want to try one of the new Celebrity ships.

Thank you so much everyone...great advice.

buzzybuzzbuzz...I have been hearing that the Med cruises are very tiring...I will have to look for one with a few sea days to rest up, I'm sure...LOL Your Baltic cruise sounds so great. Thanks for answering my post. Hope your cruise is the best one yet.

Archived