1A On Triumph

sr30sb

I am cruising solo in a 1A (Port Hole) stateroom on the Triumph in September. Is this a noisy cabin due to the thrusters?

Any and all feedback about this category room would be helpful....Cheers:p:p

Yep, you'll hear the thrusters, and the anchor chain, but that only happens when going into, or out of port so it "ain't a big thing", IMO. Overall, you'll find those cabins to be comfortable, and well worth the money. ;) Congrats, and have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

It depends on what deck you're on. We had 3 porthole rooms in a row on Deck 2 of the Triumph. 2 of the rooms were 1As, one was a PT. We did not hear any strange ship noises when sailing along normally. You will most likely not hear an anchor at all. The anchor would only drop if you are visiting a tendered port, which I don't think the Triumph does. The anchor doesn't drop for docked ports. Coming into or out of ports, you will probably hear some noises or feel the changes in speeds. I have slept through it before, but I needed to get up to get ready to go ashore. The noise is not the anchor; maybe the thrusters, whatever that is. Deck 1 porthole rooms probably hear more noises.

If there are waves on the seas, you will probably hear them hitting the bow of the ship. Those noises never bothered me. I found it quite soothing. The motion didn't bother me either. These rooms will feel more motion than midship rooms. On the way back home this last time, we had the calmest seas I've ever seen in the Gulf of Mexico. Every time I've been in the Gulf, the waves are quite crazy. But on the way back (not on the way out), the seas were like a blanket laying on a perfectly made-up bed. I've never seen that before, and never would've expected that for the Gulf. There were no noises & not even the slightest movement.

I had a porthole cabin on Triumph last year on the Riveria deck, 1201 I believe. It was fine. There were some loud crashes outside that worried me at first, then I figured out they were waves (first cruise) and there was a bit of movement, but nothing terrible. I heard some noises when we docked in Cozumel but nothing terrifying. I loved the sound of the waves once I figured out what it was.

I had a porthole cabin on Triumph last year on the Riveria deck, 1201 I believe. It was fine. There were some loud crashes outside that worried me at first, then I figured out they were waves (first cruise) and there was a bit of movement, but nothing terrible. I heard some noises when we docked in Cozumel but nothing terrifying. I loved the sound of the waves once I figured out what it was.

1201 is my cabin!! :p

We had 1207 on the Valor last year and really enjoyed it. The hallway is quiet because people only go that far forward if they have a cabin there. We did have vibrations when coming into port, but we were either already awake for our excursions, or needing to wake up.

The stairway to Deck 0 where you go ashore is just outside your door, so that is convenient too. You'll love it.:D

I stumbled into Cabin #1201 on the Triumph last year by accident. Worried at first but then I loved it so much that I specifically asked for it again this October when I'm going.

If you are going single than you'll love the single bed on the floor (there is another one that folds out of the wall above the couch) The port holes do not open (wouldn't that be

cool) but the sunlight I think helps you keep your normal bio-routine.

An added bonus is that you will never get lost going to your room. It's simply all the way down and all the way forward and on the right. Can't miss it.

Some of the crews quarter on on the other side of the wall and if they are noisy (which they weren't) they will respect you as a passenger. Not like the two folks I had across

the hall that I had to leave a note asking them to please be more quiet. (they would come to their cabin at like 2am yacking and yelling). I left them a respectful note on their

door and they did there best to be as quiet as two buzzed people can be.

As far as ship noises I don't remember being bothered by noise or movement. Never heard an anchor even once. I heard the thrusters only on the night outside Cozumel

when we had stopped to render assistance to a Mexican fishing boat. They were mega using the thrusters as they were trying to maneuver to ship to help.

Bottom line is I really love that room and when I'm on the Triumph I will always ask for it. You will love it. A window at a 1a price ... sweeeet.

If you think about it leave me a note under the liner in the safe ..... I will look for it when I'm on in October.

JT:)

I typically cruise in balcony rooms but since I am cruising solo this time I don't think the balcony cabin was worth the extra expense.

The only reason I chose the porthole instead of OV is because of the novelty aspect of the porthole cabin....and I think its cool to be the very first cabin on the ship...they don't have a cabin # below 1201 that I know of...dorky...I know:p

Just a suggestion but when you cruise solo you don't tend to be as adventurous as when you are with someone else. Last year in Progresso, (which is

kind of the city that time forgot) there is a pavilion on the other side of the market where the buses let you off. For $25 you can get a legitimate

hour long massage from ladies with hands that are a cross between hubcaps and vice grips. I had had a sore shoulder for 6 months and nothing

had helped. An hour with these ladies and it was cured. All of it on the up and up. After that go have a leisurely lunch on the beach and your in

high cotton.

Enjoy my friend,

JT

In Oct I am on Magic, 1215, 2 portholes and in Jan on Triumph, 2202 again 2 portholes. So, thank you all for the reassurance as these are my first porthole experiences. Glad to know also about the massage in Progresso!

Thanks again everyone for all the information!

:D

I am traveling solo in December. I was wondering if this cabin has port holes or not? I notice on the ships deck plans; it appears to be a lot bigger. Does anyone know why. Thanks for your help.

I am traveling solo in December. I was wondering if this cabin has port holes or not? I notice on the ships deck plans; it appears to be a lot bigger. Does anyone know why. Thanks for your help.

Sorry, but no portholes in that room. It is not quite as big as the deck plans make it look either. However, many people who have had 2201 or 2202 have said that they have really liked it. With it more of a square shape, it can feel larger than it is. There will be a sofa that is used as a 2nd bed when 2 people are in there.

Archived