Not eating in MDR at all, fair to remove part of gratuities?

People would then still feel the need to tip. That's what happened on HAL years ago. It felt uneasy not to tip, at least for us. If HAL fares included the "tips" back then, I didn't see them lower fare prices when the applied the mandatory on-board service charges.

So, then we would pay the hidden included service charge and people (some at least) would start tipping all over again on top of that. And there here we go round and round again.

Even with the pre-paid or auto grat program I still throw the stateroom attendant a few extra bucks if the service was really good.

If $12.00 or $14.25 person person per day is too much for someone, maybe they should look into a week at a Motel 6........lol

Well I guess you have solved the problem(although completely ignoring any opinion or circumstance that did not relate to your own) we need no further discussion on this one. :rolleyes:

So, then we would pay the hidden included service charge and people (some at least) would start tipping all over again on top of that. And there here we go round and round again.

Which is why people should just do whatever they're going to do when it comes to tipping and let that be that and stop worrying about what others are doing.

Archived