Another question about price drop

MAJ

If Rccl give you a price drop and then before final payment the price drops again

Are they likely to give a second price reduction ?

In the UK they don't honour price drops but will "try and do something to keep you happy".

If you book with a US travel agent from the UK then you can have as many price drops matched as there are before final payment date. We got 4 price drops on our transatlantic last year.

You can also pay to upgrade after final payment in the US if a category higher than yours come down in price and you end up paying extra (even if a tiny amount needed to pay).

If Rccl give you a price drop and then before final payment the price drops again

Are they likely to give a second price reduction ?

It entirely depends on who you speak to at RCI. I had 2 price drops honoured on my 2012 Transatlantic & 1 price drop & 1 upgrade with a refund on my upcoming November cruise. I have never had a problem getting a price drop honoured before final payment since I started booking direct with RCI...when you have a travel agent involved, then it can get difficult.

It entirely depends on who you speak to at RCI. I had 2 price drops honoured on my 2012 Transatlantic & 1 price drop & 1 upgrade with a refund on my upcoming November cruise. I have never had a problem getting a price drop honoured before final payment since I started booking direct with RCI...when you have a travel agent involved, then it can get difficult.

Was that RCI UK office ???

I checked on our Independence of the Seas cruise in November and there was a price drop. I had made the final payment already, but I called anyway. They credited the $200.00 to our onboard account. I also had a choice to get a refund instead, but choose the onboard credit.

I checked on our Independence of the Seas cruise in November and there was a price drop. I had made the final payment already, but I called anyway. They credited the $200.00 to our onboard account. I also had a choice to get a refund instead, but choose the onboard credit.

The important point about your situation is that it was before final payment date. Nice that they gave you a choice of refund or credit.

Was that RCI UK office ???

It was. As I said, I never have any problem claiming price drops and or upgrades, but a friend on the same sailing as me had to get quite irate to get her price drop applied. I have been lucky & never had to do this, although quite often I will be left on hold for a long while whilst the person on the line "goes to check".

Archived