Reputable Cigar shops in ports

Ozarkmills

I'm looking for any reputable cigar shops while I'm in port. Specifically, looking for Cuban cigars sold individually. I know I can count on purchasing authentic Cuban cigars in a box with the stamp intact, but I cannot smoke that many during the cruise and I don't want to "smuggle" any back to the USA. I know in some areas, shops will place Cuban rings on non-cuban cigars and charge accordingly. My ports of calls are St. Martin, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados (In order of cruise). I'm hoping to find a shop in the first couple of ports.

most of the cigars you see that are "Cuban" are not. Counterfeits are rampant. There are few high end stores which you will know when you see them that have legitimate cigars. They should have a separate humidor to keep the humidity at about 70% rather than the high humidity found in the Carribean. Good luck.

I found many stores prices were higher than in the States for Dominican and Nicauarguan cigars. Make sure you bring some with you in case you can't find what you want.

Archived