I am considering purchasing....

NurseMarla

FTTF for our upcoming cruise. My question is... We have 2 cabins booked. We are leaving out of NOLA. We have a suite & an interior. Since we already have priority boarding with the suite, is it really necessary to get the FTTF for it?

I guess I should have added that I already bought it for the interior. I really just want everyone to be able to board at the same time & wouldn't mind dropping our bags off in a room, but the main reason is boarding together. Since suites have priority boarding is there any reason to buy it for that cabin since we already bought it for the interior?

FTTF for our upcoming cruise. My question is... We have 2 cabins booked. We are leaving out of NOLA. We have a suite & an interior. Since we already have priority boarding with the suite, is it really necessary to get the FTTF for it?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1867602

Good info on that thread.

Re your suite and interior cabin....if you have minors in it or the same S&S accounts then they get to priority board with you. Otherwise they don't.

EDIT: I see you posted about buying it for the interior. Maybe you didn't have to, especially if you aren''t going to be buying it for your suite. Not trying to be nosy but does the interior have a minor? Did you book/pay for the interior as well or really the question is will their S&S account be the same as yourts? If so they can priority board with you as I mentioned above.

FTTF will help you for port tendering, your room being ready early, your bags being delivered early, line at guest services etc. None of those are included with a suite.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1867602

Good info on that thread.

Re your suite and interior cabin....if you have minors in it or the same S&S accounts then they get to priority board with you. Otherwise they don't.

EDIT: I see you posted about buying it for the interior. Maybe you didn't have to, especially if you aren''t going to be buying it for your suite. Not trying to be nosy but does the interior have a minor? Did you book/pay for the interior as well or really the question is will their S&S account be the same as yourts? If so they can priority board with you as I mentioned above.

FTTF will help you for port tendering, your room being ready early, your bags being delivered early, line at guest services etc. None of those are included with a suite.

Yes, we purchased both cabins & the interior does have a minor in it that will be on our S&S account. I also wanted to be able to drop our bags off, so we don't have to lug them around with us. So, really purchasing one, would be sufficient? Does everyone in the interior get to board with us, or only the minors?

Yes, we purchased both cabins & the interior does have a minor in it that will be on our S&S account. I also wanted to be able to drop our bags off, so we don't have to lug them around with us. So, really purchasing one, would be sufficient? Does everyone in the interior get to board with us, or only the minors?

I believe so. It says if there are minor children in the extra cabin OR the guests in the extra cabin are on your S&S account they can board with you. I don't know who all you will have in that cabin...an adult and a minor? Is everyone on your S&S account or only the minors? I cant imagine they dont let say one person not board with you:confused:

Re the bags....well you can always "try" to drop them off early but without FTTF its not a guarantee. Many post here about their rooms being ready early (reg rooms and no FTTF) and getting to leave their stuff. I guess it just depends. And for the extra for FTTF for the overall cost I might say go for it.

EDIT: and yes, only buy one...just drop off all the bags in one cabin until the other is ready. Remember though, you get your bags delivered early too with FTTF, so maybe put it on the cabin that you want the bags to first. If you aren't tendering or want to use guest services quickly...only one cabin buy it.

Perhaps someone here has done the suite (or a Platinum/Diamond) who has also had a minor in an extra cabin with an adult can answer if they all got to board together. Did they leave that one other person?? I wouldnt think so but dont honestly know for sure.

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the four categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the Priority Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified Priority guest.

Carnival FAQ's

Suites don't get early room access, so buying it for the inside only works if you don't mind throwing everything in the inside cabin at first. That's what I would do :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have two interior rooms connecting. My two minor daughters are in one room. I purchased FTTF for their room too. Did I just need to purchase for ours??

According to the rules for priority boarding it would appear so. Im not sure if you value the rest of the perks that go with it for them? Early baggage? Tender priority? Although I cant imagine 2 minors not getting on a tender with you?! They wont be needing the guest services line :) So really, it may wind up only giving them their bags on time...and of coure the cabin being ready. But if yours is...may be all you need.

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the four categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the Priority Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified Priority guest.

Carnival FAQ's

I am sailing on the Valor in January and have 2 rooms. I just purchased FTTF for one room solely for the access to the room early to drop off our carry ons, my luggage early and the shorter line at Guest Services. I don't care if I get on board early since I will be at the port early enough to be on the ship in one of the first groups but by this, if I get priority for being FTTF, does that mean my husband and sons, who will be on my S&S card will be able to board with me even though I didn't purchase FTTF for them:confused: or is "B" solely for Platinum and Suites only:confused:

I am sailing on the Valor in January and have 2 rooms. I just purchased FTTF for one room solely for the access to the room early to drop off our carry ons, my luggage early and the shorter line at Guest Services. I don't care if I get on board early since I will be at the port early enough to be on the ship in one of the first groups but by this, if I get priority for being FTTF, does that mean my husband and sons, who will be on my S&S card will be able to board with me even though I didn't purchase FTTF for them:confused: or is "B" solely for Platinum and Suites only:confused:

If you are one of the four (Platinum, Diamond, Suite, FTTF) the answer is yes as per their facts.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?faq=VIP

Archived