A Day at the Beach

shrkdive1

We are on a 10 day Society and Tuamotus cruise in November. As we will be on Bora Bora and Moorea 2 days each would anyone recommend getting the day pass to Intercontinental's beach on either island or is it waste of a good day and should we do something else. We are both very active and will be scuba diving and snorkeling most days but my wife wanted time to lounge on the beach too?

We did the day at the beach on Moorea in May. It included transport by water taxi both ways and a voucher for each of us for a two course lunch. We were greeted upon arrival with a fruit juice and she explained the facilities and how to get towels etc. Additional beverages were not included so we just used our credit card. Wine with lunch was almost the same price as a soda. Umbrella drinks were a bit pricey. Lunch portions were very large. DH ordered salad and crab and each was enough for a whole meal. I had a chicken dish and the dessert which was huge. I thought it was going to be one scoop of ice cream but it was 3!

There wasn't a lot of shade but we found some chairs behind the infinity pool. It was quite hot so dipped into that pool several times to get cool. All in all, we had a lovely day there.

Archived