Carnival Fantasy cabin R4 porthole

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Fantasy recently in E1 and loved it! The portholes were great!! A nice view and daylight. Plus that is where I put my towel animals even hung our bathing suits from the covers. We are booking again for October 2014 trying to decide on same cabin or give the Verandah deck a try??

Enjoy your cruise!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I stayed in R1 on the Inspiration for my first cruise. I am assuming that R1 is similar to your R4 after looking at the deck plans. It was a very large room and the portholes were nice because they are set back in with a very deep... "window casing" I'll call it. It is big enough to crawl up in, or keep your towel animal zoo. It is definitely a room I would book again...I actually did book a room in the same location for my next cruise expecting it would be similar, even thought my upcoming cruise is on a different class ship, but last it isn't. I was a bit disappointed but it serves me right for not researching in advance.

I stayed in R1 on the Inspiration for my first cruise. I am assuming that R1 is similar to your R4 after looking at the deck plans. It was a very large room and the portholes were nice because they are set back in with a very deep... "window casing" I'll call it. It is big enough to crawl up in, or keep your towel animal zoo. It is definitely a room I would book again...I actually did book a room in the same location for my next cruise expecting it would be similar, even thought my upcoming cruise is on a different class ship, but last it isn't. I was a bit disappointed but it serves me right for not researching in advance.

When you say large room does that mean a little more room then a normal Interior Room?

When you say large room does that mean a little more room then a normal Interior Room?

Definitely more room than a std interior. The Inspiration's R1 is the only interior cabin I have ever sailed in, but in my opinion it both feels and is bigger than a std interior. However, I sailed in this cabin in 2006, there were not couches in these rooms then (I don't know if that has changed). The absence of a coffee table and couch I'm sure helped room feel a bit bigger, although I have been inside other interior rooms and they definitely looked a lot smaller than the cabins we are talking about. HTH

Archived