disembarcation

spandance

Thanks, Skipper Tim, this helps a lot.

AmoMondo, we will keep our luggage with us and (per Skipper Tim's earlier advice) request an early disembarkation time.

Maryann2, thanks for this info. I just checked and none of the trains I want to purchase tickets for on TrenItalia allow you to purchase more than 7 days in advance. Two of the trains I want to take are more than 7 days after I arrive and I am not sure if I will have access to internet/computer/printer. Hopefully the tickets won't be that expensive day of!

Thanks all for everyone's advice!

If you do plan to leave ship at the earliest opportunity, remember to double check with the receptionist the day before to ensure they do give you the earlier disembarkation.

In April, I requested for early disembarkation two days in advance, the receptionist took out a log book and said she will register our cabin number for "priority disembarkation" and I could collect back our passports earlier.

But when the luggage tag came the night before, it was the "regular" colour and when I went to the reception to check, the same receptionist told me I wasn't booked in her log book...luckily we still made our connecting train despite have to follow the masses.

Btw, we didn't go to our disembarkation muster station, after having breakfast at the buffet, we went straight to disembark without any problem.

If you do plan to leave ship at the earliest opportunity, remember to double check with the receptionist the day before to ensure they do give you the earlier disembarkation.

In April, I requested for early disembarkation two days in advance, the receptionist took out a log book and said she will register our cabin number for "priority disembarkation" and I could collect back our passports earlier.

But when the luggage tag came the night before, it was the "regular" colour and when I went to the reception to check, the same receptionist told me I wasn't booked in her log book...luckily we still made our connecting train despite have to follow the masses.

Btw, we didn't go to our disembarkation muster station, after having breakfast at the buffet, we went straight to disembark without any problem.

Thanks, these suggestions are really helpful. I was going to ask for the early disembarkation early, but it seems that it is better to ask the day before we get off - I appreciate the advice! Also, thanks for reinforcing Skipper Tim's advice that mustering is not necessary :)

Archived