Allure of the seas cabin category change after final payment!!

Is it possible to move from a B2 cabin to a D6 cabin after payment if the D6 cabin is cheaper in price than the B2 cabin?? Thanks!!

It should be possible, as long as the price of the D6 is not restricted to new bookings.

Is it possible to move from a B2 cabin to a D6 cabin after payment if the D6 cabin is cheaper in price than the B2 cabin?? Thanks!!

Yes, it most certainly is! :p

Just yesterday I went from an inside cabin to an E2 (with my Balcony Discount, I am getting an "OBC"-refund from the difference) and our cruise is the 28th of July!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Hyped! (We're actually getting this for two cabins!)

Lady_G

Yes, it most certainly is! :p

Just yesterday I went from an inside cabin to an E2 (with my Balcony Discount, I am getting an "OBC"-refund from the difference) and our cruise is the 28th of July!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Hyped! (We're actually getting this for two cabins!)

Lady_G

Congrats- I knew you could move up but I did not think you could get any refund or OBC-

Congrats- I knew you could move up but I did not think you could get any refund or OBC-

That surprises me too. Only thing I can think of is that they make a special case when it's the C&A balcony discount that is being refunded or credited.

That surprises me too. Only thing I can think of is that they make a special case when it's the C&A balcony discount that is being refunded or credited.

Correct - they viewed it almost like a new reservation due to the C&A Diamond certificate. My TA went to bat for us! I used to make all of my own reservations, but I am a believer in TAs now!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've gotten stung by the "new bookings only" stipulation in the past. If you're looking at fares on the RCL website, though, how do you know if it's a new booking rate or not?

It's not easy. There might be a notation that says "Deal" near the price, but Royal no longer says if "Deal" means Senior, Residency, etc. You've got to make sure you uncheck/unselect all those special pricing attributes when you display the price.

Another way to know if it's a new booking restricted price is to see if the sailing is on Royal's weekly sales flyer:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Correct - they viewed it almost like a new reservation due to the C&A Diamond certificate. My TA went to bat for us! I used to make all of my own reservations, but I am a believer in TAs now!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for this. That's good info to know. :)

Just got off the phone with rccl. They said that If the cabin you want to switch to is more expensive then you pay the difference, but if it is less, then you can switch, but there is no obc or anything.

Just got off the phone with rccl. They said that If the cabin you want to switch to is more expensive then you pay the difference, but if it is less, then you can switch, but there is no obc or anything.

Yup. That's pretty much the standard policy. The one person who mentioned OBC earlier said it was mainly a refund of a C&A discount or savings certificate. That's kind of a specific issue as opposed to doing or taking a cabin upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up switching to a D6 oceanview balcony cabin from a B2 Boardwalk balcony cabin, and after it all I only paid a total of 120 dollars!! I was quite happy with the change......actually just saw today that the D6 I switched to actually dropped in price today. I am after final payment, so does that mean that I can't get anything back??

I ended up switching to a D6 oceanview balcony cabin from a B2 Boardwalk balcony cabin, and after it all I only paid a total of 120 dollars!! I was quite happy with the change......actually just saw today that the D6 I switched to actually dropped in price today. I am after final payment, so does that mean that I can't get anything back??

That's great. Unfortunately, no you can't get anything back.

Am glad you got your upgrade for a nice price.

but no, you will not get a refund after final payment.

Also, today is Tuesday, so good chance that price drop is for new bookings only.

Archived