Viking goes Above and Beyond during the Europe floods!!

Jabarr

Just a quick note to add to the Viking Hooray:

After reading about the Lock Strike in Germany and leaving Thursday for our cruise from Basel on Saturday, I emailed Viking yesterday morning for something of an update on the strike. Within a couple of hours, Viking customer service CALLED me and explained what they knew of the strike and that they would keep me posted if they expect travel changes but as of yesterday, schedule has not changed.

They were very friendly and even gave me a couple of tips about Basel as they were from an area outside of the city.

I was very impressed. Maybe the bad PR was a good lesson for Viking, I don't know, but a company that learns from their mistakes is a good company in my eyes.

Hopefully there will not be any problems to have to find out first-hand!

tulok - Very interested in your experience as we have booked this cruise for next June.

Would be interested in the Basel tips as we will more than likely arrive a day early to acclimatize.

Tips:

Be careful using the ATM near the train stations and make sure you use a bank owned ATM as the others are deceiving and fees are high.

Make sure we go to the Spalenberg area

Linde is a good pub that is easy to get to from our hotel. Usually you can get a good meal at the pubs if we want more of an easy place to eat.

Take a taxi to the dock not tram if we have 2 couples traveling.

Our hotel (Victoria) is a nice hotel and with it near the train station we can catch an inexpensive breakfast even a Starbucks is near.

She also told me about few things about the Zurich airport as we are meeting the other couple in the airport as our flt is 30mins after theirs.

I will write about the trip upon our return. Your time will go very fast as we booked 10 months ahead and here it is.

Archived