Ideal Oasis cruise

Hi fellow RCI fans.....

My DH, mom (69 yrs old) and DD (5 yrs old) and I are sailing in January, 14 on the Oasis. This is our first RCI cruise, having cruised on HAL, DIS and Carnival in the past.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the info here. I'm hoping you can help. I am a planner. I like to have things pretty well mapped out before I travel. Of course, I can be flexible, but it's not my nature. That said, I would like to plan as much as possible for our Oasis cruise. We plan on having DD in the kids club often, including evenings when we are doing specialty dining and having the kids club staff come get her during dinner in the MDR. I want to know how to plan meals (dinner, specifically), times, specialty dining, how many nights of specialty dining is too much, what nights are formal nights, etc etc etc. See? I'm crazy about planning. Also, we really really really want to dine at the Chef's Table, what's the best way to ensure that we can? Any other tips to make this cruise as enjoyable as possible? Thank you!!!

The first thing you have to do is go to the Royal Caribbean website and go to the "Before you Board" header, then click on the "Pre-cruise planner." It will ask for your last name, reservation number, sail date and ship. Next you can look at everything that you can book- my time dining meals, specialty dining, shore excursions, beverage packages etc. You won't be able to book entertainment until 60 days ahead but most everything else will be open already. I always make a spreadsheet to plan out our days and keep track of reservation times, which is like our Bible when we travel.

When we were on Oasis we only tried Chops. We found the Main Dining Room was really good and we loved our waiters.

I don't have kids, so I can't help you out there.

Good luck! She's a beautiful ship and you will love your vacation!:)

Archived