---> !!ALLURE OTS REVIEW!! <--- Complete Pictorial Guide! [Jun 29, 2013]

Great review Mike. We have been on Oasis and are heading onto the Allure in October. The pictures are great for seeing similarities and differences. Did anyone in your group have kids in the Adventure Ocean program? I noticed you took a few photos there. I am looking for the Adventure Ocean compasses to see the kids activities day by day.

I am loving your review!! We will be sailing on the allure in November...my son is 18!! Sounds like he will have a smashing time! Can't wait to see the next post!

Duesouth.....

Come by our roll call we have going on for our cruise on November 10...:D

Hey everyone! I was at the lake today so I have neglected anything review since last night. I am sorry to say nothing will get done tonight either, I was talking to my friends (one of them from the cruise!) last night until really late and had to get up early this morning. I am very beat right now so I am just going to relax tonight, especially since you will have over 200 or so from the last day! :eek:

Thanks for continuing to follow along!

Loving your review!!! After seeing your pics and Gambee's pics I am definitely going to have to invest in one of those cameras...Sadly I've never used anything but a point and shoot before...hope it won't be a big adjustment. :(

Thank you soooo much for this review, our group of 17 are really getting excited for our sailing in Sept.

I am extremely "tech-stooopid", is there a way for me to just print the cruise compasses?

Really enjoying your review and wonderful pictures. Thanks=)

Thank you!

Your review is excellent! I was a swimmer too (12 years!), but it was a long, long time ago! Being a pool lifeguard and teaching swimming were my first jobs!

I am a terrible photographer, and only use my iPhone for pictures. I know nothing about photography. How difficult is it to learn how to use the NEX F3? I'm wondering if it might be a good "in between" for me (better than my iPhone, but not as big/heavy/sophisticated as a DSLR). My iPhone is just so slooooow...I miss half the things my 5 year old is doing because it takes too long to take a picture!

That's awesome, swimming is such a great sport.

It would be perfect for you because the reason I chose this camera was because of its ease of use and compact size. I was going to bring my dad's DSLR but it was just too big and complicated. The NEX F3 is pretty similar to a point and shoot although bigger and takes a lot better pictures. But really, I usually keep the settings on auto and just snap the pics!! Look for reviews on YouTube, they may help. Oh and the NEX F3 also has a continuous shoot setting so you really won't miss anything your 5 year old does!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this amazing review. =D The photos are wonderful! BTW, I live near where they film "The Walking Dead" in Georgia!:O

Thanks! And that is just too cool, have you ever seen any of the sets?!

Hi all!

Mike ~ yes I can see them now! Guess it was my internet connection. You're doing a great job & making me wish I was going sooner than in 110 days!

I love that glass too & try to get a flashing one from each cruise line!;)

My 1st RCI cruise I came back with 7 glasses & I'm not usually a drinker!!

~ Jo ~:)

I'm glad you can see them now! You are lucky, I wish I only had 110 days left for another cruise on the AMAZING Allure! We came back with like 10 glasses/cups! =D

Have finally caught up on all pages....what an amazing review! Some of the best pictures I have seen, keep up the great photography! Congrats on graduation!

Thank you so much!

Eeeee!!!! This has me so excited for my cruise! I know Allure is bigger than Oasis, but this is the first time I've ever done either. I think I've seriously read Every. Single. review of these two ships. I'm trying really hard not to wish the rest of the summer away...:rolleyes: I don't think I'll be able to sleep the night before when we fly to FLL!!

Congratulations on graduating!! =)

Its literally only less than 5 inches bigger than Oasis! =P Thanks again!!

WOW! I thought I had posted last night after catching up (at the end of page 10) to let you know how much I'm enjoying your review and photos. But I don't see it.

No matter -- still enjoying your review and photos of my favorite ship! BTW, was that an elevator behind the frosted door in the CLS? Just beautiful!

So sorry that the cruise and your review are almost over. But can't wait to see the Mexico pics!

Thanks!! And yes, that is an elevator behind the glass door! =D

Thank you so much for taking the time to post and review your cruise. I'm going on Oasis and I hope that my starboard views are as nice you yours.

Great review.

I hope so too, thanks!

Your pictures are just awesome. Love the filtered ones, very unique perspectives. Love the beach pics too. I could look at scenes like that all day.

Keep up the great work.

Gwen =)

Hey Gwen! I'm glad you liked them.

Very beautiful pictures!!!!

Thanks!

Great review Mike. We have been on Oasis and are heading onto the Allure in October. The pictures are great for seeing similarities and differences. Did anyone in your group have kids in the Adventure Ocean program? I noticed you took a few photos there. I am looking for the Adventure Ocean compasses to see the kids activities day by day.

Thanks! I have noticed that most of the differences are in the shows, paint colors, artwork, and names of places like the theater and MDR. Oh and is there a Boardwalk Dog House on Oasis? I see that there is a Donut Shop in the location where the BDH is on Allure.

No one in our party was in the Adventure Ocean program but I went through it and it looks GREAT! I'm sorry I don't have much info on the program but I have heard that it is a really good program.

Thanks again for all of your hard work! You're doing an amazing job!! Your pictures are beautiful- love the filters!!! =)

Thank you!

I am loving your review!! We will be sailing on the allure in November...my son is 18!! Sounds like he will have a smashing time! Can't wait to see the next post!

Oh wow, lucky you! Your son is going to have a great time! Being 18 was great because you get to participate in a bunch of events/places like never before.

Great review!! Thanks for sharing everything with us!! I will be going on Allure in 102 days!! Not counting or anything ;)

I remember seeing over 300 days for my count, it will go by faster than you think! I still wish I had a countdown! =(

:)Great Review!! Thanks Mike for all your hard work. Going on the Allure Feb 2014 can't wait after looking at all the great pictures. Congrats on your graduation.

Thanks!

Loved your pictures and the review. Wished I could take pics like that. =)

Thank you!

Loving your review!!! After seeing your pics and Gambee's pics I am definitely going to have to invest in one of those cameras...Sadly I've never used anything but a point and shoot before...hope it won't be a big adjustment. :(

It won't be at all, I chose the NEX F3 partially because of its ease of use. Don't worry, you won't have any issues, the camera does most of the work!

Great review! Love the pictures and the details. BTW, I am originally from the Finger Lakes region. =)

Can't wait to read more!

Hey, I remember reading your review of the Allure! Have you ever heard of Corning? Glad to see you here, thanks!

Thank you soooo much for this review, our group of 17 are really getting excited for our sailing in Sept.

I am extremely "tech-stooopid", is there a way for me to just print the cruise compasses?

You are welcome, thanks for stopping by! Hmm you could right click the images of the cruise compasses and save them to your computer, then put them in a Word document and print!

What dates in Sept? We will be there on the 15th!!! If you are looking for the Eastern Compass I have them all hosted in google docs and they are easily printed from HERE.

Little update, I have the pictures of the Boardwalk and Central Park from the morning of Day 7 done. There are 83 selected, usually you have had only 79 for a whole day!!! That doesn't include the hundreds I took during the All Access Tour so get excited for a ton of pictures! :D

I will start posting pictures after dinner then I will take a break and work on the All Access pics! I want to take my time on that so it may not get done until tomorrow but at least you will still have a ton to look at tonight!

See you later! :cool:

Edited by swim13

Little update, I have the pictures of the Boardwalk and Central Park from the morning of Day 7 done. There are 83 selected, usually you have had only 79 for a whole day!!! That doesn't include the hundreds I took during the All Access Tour so get excited for a ton of pictures! :D

I will start posting pictures after dinner then I will take a break and work on the All Access pics! I want to take my time on that so it may not get done until tomorrow but at least you will still have a ton to look at tonight!

See you later! :cool:

Looking forward to it! By the way UCF is where I got my degree...great school! And you can't beat all there is to do in central Florida!

11j44ue.jpg

SEA DAY

The Adventure -

UGHHHHH! The last day, are you kidding me?! Do I really have to get off this super amazing, incredible ship and leave behind my new friends tomorrow?! >:[ Oh well, I had a LOT of stuff planned for today and I wasn't about to let that fact ruin anything! But seriously, this is the worst day because you know what happens tomorrow!

I decided I would get up earlier than normal today to see what the ship is like without many people in the daylight. My mom, Jeff, and I went to the Boardwalk to have some FREE breakfast at Johnny Rockets. I forget what I had but I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it! Oh and I also got the chance to enjoy the amazing donuts, I have a picture to prove I did although if you know me, you don't need any proof! =P We walked around, I took some pictures and then we headed up to Central Park. This was Jeff's favorite place to hang out in the morning while drinking his coffee, he said is was perfect! Listening to the birds, sitting in the comfortable chairs. I took forever getting a bunch of pictures but I think it was worth it.

Before I knew it, time was running out, a common theme during the whole week. I had to meet up in the Adagio (Deck 5) for my All Access Tour that I had been waiting for all week! I will stop the pictures and continue with a review of the tour once we get there. For now, enjoy the cruise compass and pictures of the perfect Boardwalk and Central Park neighborhoods.

Day 7 Cruise Compass & Specials

9318386968_851210434f_o.jpg9318387932_056eb60542_o.jpg

9318387576_d9058747fc_o.jpg9315600551_4e6c267090_o.jpg

Edited by swim13

THE BOARDWALK

The next few photos show you that the art in the entrance area of The Boardwalk show you the steps of making one of the horses on the carousel. It really looks like an awesome process! Enjoy the rest of the self explainable pics!

9317840766_4f5652e3bb_o.jpg

9315054101_94d1f1c022_o.jpg

9315054131_8dc1b60fb2_o.jpg

9315054357_99e11d83f1_o.jpg

9315056321_f34e5ff627_o.jpg

9317847104_a2898f531e_o.jpg

These donuts are amazing, seriously! The icing is very flavorful and the dough is perfectly soft! They have them set out across from the Boardwalk Dog House until about 10 am. I believe they had coffee and of course there was seating. You can serve yourself but there is always someone walking around making sure there are enough left! I wish I had them more!

9317847220_10371b8a7e_o.jpg

Another common theme during any cruise!

9317847524_5547b714bc_o.jpg

9315060689_5bf696b7b2_o.jpg

9315061041_57f93fb9f3_o.jpg

9317848346_bba2ed9de0_o.jpg

9317848676_ebb7ea8ab6_o.jpg