Need advice on MCO to Port Canaveral

Just found out that we may be flying to Orlando for our Oct 7 cruise on the Ecstasy. Looking for advice on a few things.

Obviously I'd want to fly in on Oct 6 because I've already purchased the FTTF for our boarding on the 7th. What would be the best advice on where to stay and how to get to the Port area once we land? I know it's about an hour drive/ride from Orlando.

Totally lost on this as have never flown into MCO or cruised out of Port Canaveral. Any help appreciated.

Just found out that we may be flying to Orlando for our Oct 7 cruise on the Ecstasy. Looking for advice on a few things.

Obviously I'd want to fly in on Oct 6 because I've already purchased the FTTF for our boarding on the 7th. What would be the best advice on where to stay and how to get to the Port area once we land? I know it's about an hour drive/ride from Orlando.

Totally lost on this as have never flown into MCO or cruised out of Port Canaveral. Any help appreciated.

A lot of people will do the one-way car rental. I saw on this board a few days ago someone had posted a code for Budget to get a great discount. Sorry but I don't remember what it was......may someone on here will chime in.

A taxi will be too expensive, so if you don't want to rent a car try contacting Executive VIP Limo, Travelynx or Cocoa Beach Shuttle and get a price from them. They all get great reviews on these boards.

Hope this helps...

Thanks Diane. I've looked at some of the online discount sites and a car rental really seems to be the best way to go. It looks like now we may fly down on the 5th and arrive early enough to have the 5th and 6th to either browse around Orlando (fiancé has never been to any of the Disney or SeaWorld parks) or drive over to Cocoa Beach or a combination of both.

I'm thinking we may also have a rental once our cruise returns and stay somewhere in Orlando on the night of the 12th and then fly home on the 13th just so we don't feel so rushed and can extend our vacay an extra evening. :)

We just did almost the same thing but in reverse. Flew into FLL on a Wednesday night, cruised 8 days Saturday to Sunday, then drove one-way to Orlando and flew out of there on Wednesday. While in FLL we did an Everglades trip and a Segway tour, and while in Orlando we did Epcot and the Kennedy Space Center.

It's much longer than an hour from Orlando to FLL. We didn't take the expressway because we had all day, so we drove through central Florida, by Lake Okeechobee, did Lion Country Safari, etc.

I ended up getting a one-way car rental through Alamo full-size for only $13.00/day. Even the guy at the counter couldn't believe it! I started with a reservation for $25/day and just kept checking back every couple of weeks until I found a better deal. I changed reservations three times. Total cost for three days was $67, which was cheaper than any shuttle you could ever find!

You can find codes at mousesavers.com. I got a hotel coupon from there too.

Archived