Taxi to Monaco from Villefranche

Benpb

Not sure of actual price but I wouldn't have thought very much as its not that far. We caught a bus to Monaco from Nice which actually stops to pick up in Villefrance ( sp) It costs one Euro and drives all along the coast, the views were spectacular- the only down side was as it was a local bus it was stopping and starting at every bus stop!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There may or may not be any taxis at the tender pier. Keep in mind that French taxis are quite expensive and you are talking about 12-13 miles (one-way). I suspect (am not sure) that a taxi from Villefranche/Nice will not be able to pick-up a fare in MC..so that means they need to drive about 25 miles to take a fare from the port to MC. One could take an educated guess that you would pay about 50 Euros for the taxi assuming you can find a taxi. Gettting a taxi back from MC would not be a problem as there are usually some taxis around the hotels.

By the way, the regional buses would only cost you 1 Euro (per person) to get you to and from MC. The train (also quite convenient) fare would be a bit more....but still a lot cheaper then a taxi.

Hank

Sounds like the bus is the answer then! I did eventually find another topic on this that someone had said they had paid €60 for a taxi from Villefranche to Monaco. :eek:

Thank you,

Ben.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Forums mobile app

The bus to Monte Carlo is pretty easy. I know others have taken the train and have preferred that option (perhaps someone will post their experience).

If you want to take the bus to Monte Carlo, it's the #100 Eastbound bus. It will say "Menton" on it, as that is the last stop. Returning, you will want the #100 Westbound Bus that says "Nice" on it. From the port, you walk up and slightly to the left and follow the bus stop signs. Going to Monte Carlo, you will want to be on the water side of the street (there is a tourist office right there). Across the street by the stores is the Westbound bus stop. Buses run about every 15 minutes and it's about a 20-minute ride. It was 1 euro as of last year and you pay the driver.

Here is the link to the bus schedule...

http://www.lignesdazur.com

We have taken both the bus and the train between Villefranche and Monte Carlo (and also Nice). Personally, we prefer the bus because it does let you see a little more of the surrounding area and the bus stops in Monte Carlo are in a more convenient location then the train station. But either is a good option.

Hank

Archived