Will next year's TourSaver and Northern Lights coupons will be pretty much the same?

allisons

Is it a good assumption that next year's TourSaver and Northern Lights coupons will be pretty much the same as this year? In this year's books, almost all of the coupons for lodging on the Kenai Peninsula are not valid during the summer. Is it safe to assume that will be the same next year? If so, then I think we're leaning towards an RV over car/hotel.

I agree with your thinking on this. No way to predict the turnover in coupons from year to year but if a company has had a coupon in the past generally the terms and conditions don't change much at all.

That's what I'm thinking. Land's End Resort looks nice. But their coupon is exempt in the summer. I called and asked and she said that it would be again next summer.

Lands End in Homer has location, but I've been there when the condition of the room I had was.......not good at all.

I agree with you about the cost of places to stay in Alaska but there are some places that have an assortment of room choices and not all are at the top price range.

But having said that, when we see the prices in the summer season and think what we could get in the Lower 48 for the same money, it can make you dizzy.

It's the economics of a place like Lands End that has to make all its money in a short season, so Katy bar the door!

Lands End in Homer has location, but I've been there when the condition of the room I had was.......not good at all.

I agree with you about the cost of places to stay in Alaska but there are some places that have an assortment of room choices and not all are at the top price range.

But having said that, when we see the prices in the summer season and think what we could get in the Lower 48 for the same money, it can make you dizzy.

It's the economics of a place like Lands End that has to make all its money in a short season, so Katy bar the door!

Interesting! Thank you for sharing that! Now I don't feel like I'm missing out on staying somewhere fabulous if we stay in an RV instead of hotels including Lands End Resort! It's amazing how everything looks so much better on its website than in reality!

Penny: We stayed in one of the privately owned condos associated with Lands End Resort in 2011. Since these are all privately owned but managed by Lands End the furnishings and so forth of each is very different. But the one we were in was simply lovely and in excellent condition.

Penny: We stayed in one of the privately owned condos associated with Lands End Resort in 2011. Since these are all privately owned but managed by Lands End the furnishings and so forth of each is very different. But the one we were in was simply lovely and in excellent condition.

I was looking at those! They're pretty expensive!

Archived