What is your best advice for cruising with babies?

jpage07

Onessa, may I kindly request that you place me on your ignore list. You have done a fantastic job of scrutinizing, analyzing, and summarizing posts but I wish for others to take from my real experience what they wish, like or dislike, agree or disagree. I would truly appreciate this request, thanks. Of course I will respect your experience but focus on those who share my reality. My opinions are based on some pretty awesome, not so awesome, but always memorable experiences.

Mrs. Yoder!

OP- be prepared for the ear popping especially with three little ones.

Some great advice here and super jealous of your trip!! We just fit back from two awesome weeks in Provence and I would live to go back.

We did the Epic 2 years ago with older kids (4 and 6) and like I sAid we just returned from France with a 8, 6 and now 11 month old. Here are some tips:

"Consumables" - I packed an old duffel bag with the consumables with the thought I could either toss the bag when the trip was over or just pack it in my suitcase. This was probably 50% of my packing between the diapers, wipes, food pouches.

Carry on - not cruise related but I have a small wheeled carry on that I packed a full change of clothes for everyone plus any cameras and extra diapers. We had a kid puke all over my DH last trip from airsickness (a fluke thank goodness) but figured its good to have a go to bag on the plane in case something like that happens again.

Pack lightly on clothes - take advantage of laundry on the ship or even handwashing in the cabin. Not sure if you have laundry access before the cruise. We had a washer / dryer in France and I ended up packing for myself and 3 kids in one suitcase for 2 weeks. This made airports much more manageable.

Port excursions - not sure what you have planned but for Rome and Florence (well, Pisa and Lucca) we used Rome in Limo and it was great to be able to have a private car for the family (we had a party of 10, 6 adults and 4 kids ages 1,3,4,6).

Gosh I have so many thoughts but need to stop writing for now.

Enjoy the experience!!

Archived