Espresso - Cappuccino - Latte in the Pearl

jwoap

We are going back to Alaska this year- In fact in two short days!

The last time we sailed we had a penthouse suite- It had its own espresso machine.

I don't think the mini suites have them.

Where on the ship can we find espresso, cappuccino, lattes.

:D

We seriously don't drink drip.

My guess is that they won't be complementary ;)

You will find a coffee bar in the atrium they serve both regular coffee drinks and ones with alcohol in them - I loved the Peppermint Patty. And yes you have to pay extra.

I agree that the coffee in the buffet is horrid - but last year there was a machine towards rear of the Garden Café - almost to the Great Outdoors that ground the beans for each cup - I also understand that the machine in the Blue Lagoon is the same way. There are only two such machines on the Pearl.

Also you can pre order drinks for Glacier Bay day (Thurs) - they come in a special insulated mug - we did the Alaskan Snowplow - yum yum. They deliver them to your room.

Enjoy your cruise

We just got off the Pearl a week ago, and while I did not have expresso or cappucino, I do have coffee advice. There is one secret coffee machine on board that we found on the second day after trying them all. Do not go to any others. Go to deck 12, enter the Garden buffet from the rear set of elevators, turn right (away from the buffet) head to the rear of the ship. Just before you exit out the glass doors to the patio on the back of the boat, there are 2 coffee machines on the right (I am not talking about the 2 machines on the actual patio, these are still inside the Garden buffet area, right next to a "kids table area") Facing the machines, the one on the left is the "secret" one. The one on the right, while it looks the same, is weaker. Note the top of the machines have the beans unground. All the other machines on the Pearl look kind of the same, but are using preground beans and dispense weak, gross coffee. That secret machine... you will see... by the end of the cruise, people get very irate if that machine goes down. (It happened twice and had to be unclogged, lots of angry coffee lovers during the 15 minute down time.) We all agreed this was the "secret machine". Have fun on the cruise! We loved it. If you eat at the Summer Palace, ask for Estelle (super knowledgable and friendly). If you eat at the Indigo, ask for Gary (also great). Don't miss the singing of Jana Seale. You will have sweet dreams after hearing her sweet singing at night. Other than the caberet show, the other main entertainment was great. (The dancers have been hitting the buffet too often). We loved the cruise and are already thinking of where to go next. Hopefully another NCL cruise is in our future.

I agree about the secret machines. DH discovered them and wouldn't drink any other (luckily our room was almost right above it by two floors). I ordered caramel lattes in the MDR twice and had no issue (they forgot to charge for the syrup once, so paid about $3 once and $3.45 or so once). They were really good and worth the price. On Glacier Bay day, we couldn't decide, so ended up with 5 drinks (2 the same) between three adults (let our teens sip a bit too, shhhh). They were all yummy, although pricey (cup included, though).

Archived