Grand and classes in gym

Amy G

Hi. For anyone that has recently sailed on the Grand (Alaska), can you check the Patters to see what types of exercise classes were offered? Thanks!

On all (most) ships the classes are usually yoga, pilates and spin. Those you pay for. Floor exercise/aerobics are free, as is zumba.

What Pia said. We were just on the Grand two weeks ago. I didn't save my patters, but like Pia said, there was yoga, Pilates and spin for a charge, a morning stretch class at 7:00 every morning for free (which I never made it to), another free class at 7:30, I think it was a strength training type of class. There was Zumba (free) in the Vista Lounge at various times, I didn't attend it this cruise although I have in the past. Ballroom lessons (trust me, the Jive is quite the workout!) again in the Vista Lounge. On Deck for the Cure was just after sailing from Victoria ($15.00 donation, you get a cute navy and pink hat). The gym seemed smaller to me than on the Emerald, and was really packed until around 10:00, but if you went around 11:00 or later it was virtually empty. Plenty of opportunities to stay in shape - I even tried out the swim against the current pool - it had a pretty strong current!

Archived