Time & Place Falmouth, Jamaica

PinkLindsayGA

• 4 weeks later...

The website looks great and I think my Husband and I will try out this place on our January cruise...Looks very laid back..Hopefully someone can give some more info???

We are just looking for a nice beach close to Falmouth and this place has a bar and restaurant that sounds fantastic...Plus for $20 they provide transportation!! That works for us!!

I also found info on Trip advisor and most was positive....

It looks fun an authentic. The trip advisor reviews are really good like you said. My husband and I are going on Freedom in September an it stops in Falmouth and am nervous about going dry far from Falmouth and I don't want to go to a big resort. I think we are going to book Time & Place.

Is it a reasonabley safe location? We have visited this Island many times; and vowed we would never return.

Careful there, jackdiamond. ;) we too vowed we wouldn't return....but then a really good deal came along and we are sailing with PinkLindsay... Our only reservations are first cruise with a small child. We've made no decisions on what to do yet.

Careful there, jackdiamond. ;) we too vowed we wouldn't return....but then a really good deal came along and we are sailing with PinkLindsay... Our only reservations are first cruise with a small child. We've made no decisions on what to do yet.

We are for sure going to My Time and Place while in Jamaica. Hope to see you and your family there phred!

I am going in September and will make sure to give a report back after.

Did you already book with them on their website?

I'm a bit worried. I read a couple of posts where it is mentioned that this site is up for sale or the lease will expire soon. I'd like to go there for my cruise in November but it is hard to find a post from someone that has been there very recently (like in the past month).

This spot looks ideal for what I want; cheap, close to the ship, good for small children.

• 3 weeks later...

Curious if anyone has an updated review? Was looking at either this or Dr. Cave Beach. Hubby thinks this looks too rustic and the beach not that pretty, but I argue that its just the pics that aren't that clear.

Anyone want to share their observations?

Also, how much was food and drink?

We had a great trip there in February. I posted a full review with pictures at http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37361346#post37361346

The beach was great, the beer was cheap, and the staff was friendly. The cave tour was a bit sketchy (it is not on their property and involved parking along a major highway and hiking a ways into the jungle).

Edited by ahecht

We had a great trip there in February. I posted a full review with pictures at http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37361346#post37361346

The beach was great, the beer was cheap, and the staff was friendly. The cave tour was a bit sketchy (it is not on their property and involved parking along a major highway and hiking a ways into the jungle).

Yes I do remember reading your review! Probably why I was interested in the place in the first place. Thanks for popping in to add that link!

Three specific questions if anyone can elaborate:

1. How were the mixed drinks? Just thinking simple things like rum punch or coconut rum & pineapple juice type drinks. I don't want frozen drinks.

2. How were the restrooms?

3. Was the water shallow for a good distance out or was there a drop off? (Is it ideal for a 3 year old?) Not a deal breaker, just curious.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by jlrn366419

Went to Tyme N Place on Wednesday. Absolutely loved our day there. We were the only guests from the ship. I couldn't believe it. We had paradise all to ourselves. Tony was such a wonderful host from the second we arrived until the moment we left. He is dedicated to preserving the area and we spent a lot of time talking with him about his love of the area. Our jerk chicken lunch was delicious, as were the "knock you out" drinks and cold Red Stripes. The water is shallow and crystal clear. The bathrooms are clean. Spread the word, cruisers, this is an awesome true Jamaican experience, not a high dollar resort tour. We never felt unsafe walking out of the port to meet our driver and had absolutely no worries at Tyme N Place.

Went to Tyme N Place on Wednesday. Absolutely loved our day there. We were the only guests from the ship. I couldn't believe it. We had paradise all to ourselves. Tony was such a wonderful host from the second we arrived until the moment we left. He is dedicated to preserving the area and we spent a lot of time talking with him about his love of the area. Our jerk chicken lunch was delicious, as were the "knock you out" drinks and cold Red Stripes. The water is shallow and crystal clear. The bathrooms are clean. Spread the word, cruisers, this is an awesome true Jamaican experience, not a high dollar resort tour. We never felt unsafe walking out of the port to meet our driver and had absolutely no worries at Tyme N Place.

Great to hear!! My Hubby and I are going to be visiting here in January when we stop in Falmouth!! Can not wait! Sounds perfect.

• 2 weeks later...