First timers on Celebrity - we will be back!

kevinyork

We just got off Eclipse after a 2 week trip to Iceland and Norway. It was our first time on Celebrity after 5 trips on P&O and 2 on RCI. We could have done the same itinerary on RCI this time round but felt like trying another line. We are so glad we did! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

As with any cruise, not everything was 100% perfect but on balance we had the best all round cruise in terms of the ship, food, service and cabin. Eclipse was beautiful. More like a plush hotel rather than a cruise ship and it never felt crowded.

I've posted a review on the site about our trip but I'm almost a little reticent now as I don't want too many people switching allegiance to X and pushing up the prices!

Thanks to all who post tips on this board for Celebrity ships and we followed a lot of the advice.......especially the Aqua Spa Cafe!

hi glad to hear you enjoyed your first celebrity cruise, can you post link to your review as we are on the same itinerary next week and would love to hear about your experience :)

Hi

Ive submitted the review but it looks like its pending publication. Will get back to you when its up on the site. Have to say its more about the ship that the itinerary though. If you have any specific questions feel free to message me.

Kev.

Looking forward to reading a review, as we too are off to Iceland and Norway shortly. Can you tell us a little bit here about the party band and other music aroudn the ship?

Im not sure whats happening to my review. I submitted it 5 days ago but it still isnt live.

Not sure about the " party band" but the regular band in the Grand Atrium had two far eastern ladies up front and they were very good and could handle just about any sing type. We loved the piano player/singer/comedian Perry Grant who played in the beautiful but small Michaels Club twice nightly but unfortunately he goes on leave just before your cruise. There was a young guitar playing singer who sang at the sunset bar in the early evening (weather permitting) and we discovered him too late as he was great. Really modern and very talented.

We didnt see many shows but the Cirque type show was excellent....probably the best show we have seen at sea. We liked the timings of the shows too, 8.30 and 10.30.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived