OBC when booking online or while on ship

MigMan

We are looking to book our cruise for next summer (leaving on Breakaway in 32 days and already can't wait for the next one!!). When I looked online, NCL is offering a $300 OBC...but I know you get $100 OBC to use during the cruise if you book while on ship. Would we also get the $300 for the next cruise, or is it one or the other? I know that you have to put down something like $750 when booking online, so I don't know if that makes the difference. Thought this would be the best place to ask. Thanks!:)

We are looking to book our cruise for next summer (leaving on Breakaway in 32 days and already can't wait for the next one!!). When I looked online, NCL is offering a $300 OBC...but I know you get $100 OBC to use during the cruise if you book while on ship. Would we also get the $300 for the next cruise, or is it one or the other? I know that you have to put down something like $750 when booking online, so I don't know if that makes the difference. Thought this would be the best place to ask. Thanks!:)

Me thinks that you are confusing the $250 cruse reward that can be purchased while onboard with an actual booking of a future cruise.

See http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-rewards

NCL does not allow booking of future cruises while onboard a cruise unless you go to the Internet Cafe and visit the NCL Website and do it there.

If you purchase on board you get $100 OBC while on board that ship at that duration. When you get home and book a suite you get $300 OBC for the trip you book. We have done this a couple of times and just used the certificate as a deposit through our PCC. We just had to switch a cruise for 2014 to 2015 using the same certificate. I think the certificate is good for 3 years after that it expires. The $300 OBC is only for suites, mini suites and balconies get $150 OBC, ocean view and inside is $75 OBC- 7 days or longer, shorter trips OBC's are less.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Forums mobile app

oh, I do see the difference! So after we get the $250 cruise reward, will we still qualify for the $300 OBC when we actually book the cruise?

The $250 future cruise reward that you can use for the deposit on a future cruise should have no impact on any other offers you may be able to arrange for relating to the cruise.

NCL doesn't offer any discounts if you book a cruise while onboard a cruise. The only thing you can do on NCL cruise is buy a future cruise credit for $250 and they credit your on board account $100 for the current cruise you are on. That $250 is a deposit for your next future cruise. It's good for 4 years from when you purchased it. It's also transferable. The $300 OBC promo that NCL runs is for when you book Haven suites 9 months or more in advance.

What is your sailing date for the Breakaway? I'm going on the BA Aug 25. You should join the roll call for your sailing.

Happy Cruising! :)

Just looking at NCLs FAQ page 7+ days OBC's vary by destination and ship so when booking make sure you check what's available. The cruise we transferred to we got $300 OBC for a suite but looking on line the OBC didn't show until the cursor rolled over a small icon.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Forums mobile app

Thank you all for helping to clear this up for us! When it was more clearly explained, it definitely made more sense. We are booked for BA Aug 25, and did add our names to the roll call. We are looking forward to the M&G!:)

Thank you all for helping to clear this up for us! When it was more clearly explained, it definitely made more sense. We are booked for BA Aug 25, and did add our names to the roll call. We are looking forward to the M&G!:)

See you there!! :D

oh, I do see the difference! So after we get the $250 cruise reward, will we still qualify for the $300 OBC when we actually book the cruise?

The answer is yes, IF they are still offering that particular reward/promo when you get back from your cruise with the cruise reward you've purchased onboard. Then you can use the purchased cruise reward as your deposit in a regular cabin....if you're booking a suite then you'll probably have to supplement the cruise reward worth $250 with actual cash/check/credit card.

NCL doesn't offer any discounts if you book a cruise while onboard a cruise. The only thing you can do on NCL cruise is buy a future cruise credit for $250 and they credit your on board account $100 for the current cruise you are on. That $250 is a deposit for your next future cruise. It's good for 4 years from when you purchased it. It's also transferable. The $300 OBC promo that NCL runs is for when you book Haven suites 9 months or more in advance.

What is your sailing date for the Breakaway? I'm going on the BA Aug 25. You should join the roll call for your sailing.

Happy Cruising! :)

Just to clarify, the $300 suite OBC credit for booking 9 months in advance is for any suite, not just a haven suite.

Archived