Voyager of the seas- Rundown??

The ship is wonderful and well maintained. Most of the public areas are in great condition it seems to me it's mainly the staterooms that need a major update especially in comparisson to the Radiance. Having said that I wouldn't hesitate to book the ship again especially if I found a bargain cruise.

As the voyager is going into dry dock wondering if it is run down & tired? Should we wait until after its make over?

There is brilliant prices out there ATM for this ship.

Yes, LOTS of specials for the Voyager at the moment! It's a great ship! Whilst there are signs of some wear (carpets) it's stil well-maintained with a great crew and lots of entertainment! Do yourself and favour and try it, especially whilst the prices are so great!

Whatever you do, DON'T miss the Ice Show! Portofino's Specialty Restaurant is another MUST DO!

I went on the Voyager last February and I think my eyes must be painted on as I don't remember seeing any wear and tear.

I thought the bathroom was the biggest I have experienced on a ship and it had a sliding door on the shower. Hate those shower curtains.

Elaine.

I went on the Voyager last February and I think my eyes must be painted on as I don't remember seeing any wear and tear.

I thought the bathroom was the biggest I have experienced on a ship and it had a sliding door on the shower. Hate those shower curtains.

Elaine.

I would have to agree with you:)

We had a PR inside with bay window and would choose this type of cabin again as its such a bargain cabin!

I was on the Carnival Splendor (sister to Concordia) and much newer the cruise before our VOS cruise but I didnt notice VOS as much older or run down in any way.

The VOS is a "New Palace" compared to the likes of The Pacific Sun lol

I would have to agree with you:)

We had a PR inside with bay window and would choose this type of cabin again as its such a bargain cabin!

Did you hear a lot of noise from the promenade? I've been booking inside cabins lately but I wouldn't mind giving a PR a go.

Elaine.

Did you hear a lot of noise from the promenade? I've been booking inside cabins lately but I wouldn't mind giving a PR a go.

Elaine.

No noise at all!

We had a PR on 7 closer to the forward lifts and unless you sat on the lounge in the bay window during the parades you wont here a thing.

Forward PR,s are better I think as they are away from the Pub and Guest services,also simple lift straight up to pools or simple walk down to stroll promenade.

Also having to walk past the cafe on promenade it was easy to grab a coffee and a snack when returning to the cabin.

The PR bay window makes the cabin seem much roomier than it is and the forward position is not far forward enough for any extra motion:)

If I couldnt afford a Balcony then a PR would be my choice over an outside or inside.

No noise at all!

We had a PR on 7 closer to the forward lifts and unless you sat on the lounge in the bay window during the parades you wont here a thing.

Forward PR,s are better I think as they are away from the Pub and Guest services,also simple lift straight up to pools or simple walk down to stroll promenade.

Also having to walk past the cafe on promenade it was easy to grab a coffee and a snack when returning to the cabin.

The PR bay window makes the cabin seem much roomier than it is and the forward position is not far forward enough for any extra motion:)

If I couldnt afford a Balcony then a PR would be my choice over an outside or inside.

Thanks for the info. You have talked me into it. I have a $704 voucher towards a future cruise due to missing a port and looking at Voyager again.

Elaine.

Pretty sure there are people that will find problems on a brand new ship if they went looking for it. Have been on both the Explorer and the Voyager, both of which people stated were run down and other things, found the Voyager was being "refreshed" on my Dubai to Singapore leg for the Asian market, so in Port in Dubai there were mountains of TV's and couches on the dock having been ditched. Looking forward to going on Voyager again, and hopefully in 2015 take my two youngest post it being refreshed. I haven't been on any other cruise boats so have nothing to compare it to, so completely happy with what I've experienced to date, and yes the prices enticed me to book again!

Kylie

I think Voyager is no worse than any other ship for ware and tare considering how many people are onboard constantly its well maintained.

If you're going for a PR try and not book one right above the Pig and Whistle pub, any other PR is apparently fine.

We loved Voyager and were lucky to be onboard for 42 nights. The deals are good at the moment but we're finding the flights to and from Sydney to join tbe ship expensive from November onward...darn.

Jill

I don't consider her rundown at all, and found her better maintained than some newer ships like Solstice.

That said, she's not a modern design like fresh from the pages of Vogue, so if that's what you're looking for, you may be disappointed. But some of her facilities are still very fresh, such as Studio B and The Vault.

Dry docks and scheduled maintenance are important to keep the ship in good working order and extend and maintain its operational life and ability to compete. The Royal Caribbean group has a good reputation for keeping their ships in good working order so there is nothing to worry about.

Hi Elaine' date='

We must have been on the same cruise, feb 10th, missed going to lautoka?:)[/quote']

Yes. Have you used your certificate yet? It is only good until February 2015.Just wondering if it worth using with all the specials on.

Elaine.

Hi there!

I've just done a price check for friends keen to sail to NZ in November.

Voyager of the Seas is showing balconies for the price of oceanviews on 23 November 2013. This cruise is also eligible for +55 special prices.

I was able to find a balcony inclusive of gratuties for $1851 each twin share.

Pretty good price for 14 nights!:)

Gae

Yes. Have you used your certificate yet? It is only good until February 2015.Just wondering if it worth using with all the specials on.

Elaine.

Yes we used our certificates and we're going on Radiance on 1st dec. We got a good price but I booked it b4 all these specials. :)

Hi there!

I've just done a price check for friends keen to sail to NZ in November.

Voyager of the Seas is showing balconies for the price of oceanviews on 23 November 2013. This cruise is also eligible for +55 special prices.

I was able to find a balcony inclusive of gratuties for $1851 each twin share.

Pretty good price for 14 nights!:)

Gae

Just compared the above VOTS 14-night BALCONY price with a similar Princess cruise:

• 13 nights from 21 November 2013
  • $1948 oceanview cabin

VOTS cruise comparision:

• 14 nights from 23 November 2013
  • $1851 oceanview UPGRADED to a Balcony for free. NOTE: Gratuities included.

It just emphatises how low the VOTS special price is for those who are looking to travel to NZ in style.

We had an OS on the Voyager which seemed to have been refurbished as it was in line with the OS on both the Radiance and Rhapsody. As far as the cabins are concerned I believe they are trying to do as much as they can whilst at sea. The only glaring difference was the lack of specialty restaurants which a ship that size really needs but will have to wait until its major refurb.

Cheers

Di

We booked crn aft cabin 8690 for feb 27 to Fiji for 10 nights. For 2 adults & a4 year old it was $4k including gratitudes.

I don't think this was a bad price.

Yes, that seems about right for 3 in that E1 Balcony cabin. Though you say it is a corner aft, the balcony appears to be the same size as those down the side of the ship.

If you are eligible for a Balcony Discount as a Platinum and up Crown & Anchor loyalty member you can ask for that to be deducted from your total amount.

Archived