Two Questions Regarding Post-Cruise Celebrity Tour

Ranasa

We are leaving on Aug. 13 for our Aug. 17 Baltic cruise on the Eclipse out of Southampton. After scouring these boards for helpful advice regarding transportation, we have settled on using Smiths for Airports to take us from our hotel in Central London on the 17th to the port. We have a later flight going home (we depart at 6PM from Heathrow) and have decided to do the ship's tour via Stonehenge to return to the airport in the afternoon instead of hiring a car or using public transport.

My first question is whether anyone has done this Celebrity tour and, if so, what time did you arrive at the airport? We would like to have time to do some shopping and relax before we board the flight and hoped we would arrive at around 2 or 3 PM.

My second question is whether anyone knows whether it is permissible to carry your own luggage off the ship when you are doing a post-cruise Celebrity excursion? We have had some luggage issues in the past and prefer to hold onto our things (we are both in our early 40s so carrying luggage off the ship is not a physical issue for us).

Thank you!

Hi,

Have not used Celebrity for this transfer...but just a question...did you consider using Smiths for the trip, via Stonehenge ? They gave me a nice discount doing this since we had used them from Airport to Hotel; Hotel to Port; and we had over 2 hours to explore at Stonehenge at our leisure .

Just a thought.

Woody

Thanks for your response. I had not considered using them.

My husband is a bit of a nervous traveler and I know he'd be uncomfortable leaving our luggage with the car service while we toured Stonehenge...not that it would be any less/more safe than leaving it with the bus... he's a "strength in numbers" kind of guy. We had a VERY bad luggage issue on our honeymoon cruise (3 of the 4 pieces never made it to us at all). Needless to say, if we could strap it to our backs, we probably would.:rolleyes:

Archived