Mariner of the Seas- Balcony question

We have 2 rooms next to each other on Mariner of the Seas for our Sept.11-18 Western Caribbean. I had heard you can remove the balcony partitions between the 2 rooms and have 1 bigger balcony. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks.

Crusin Ben

We also booked 2 balcony cabins next to each other on the Mariner for December and were under this assumption as well. I have read many threads on this recently and apparently sometime earlier this year they changed their policy and won't allow the opening of these doors anymore for safety issues. It sounded like something happened to change this policy.

We are still going to ask them to be opened... all they can do is say NO. I am glad I know about it ahead of time though so we son't be so disappointed.

Please let me know if you have any luck getting them opened since you are sailing before me!

We asked for two adjoining cabins in 9-04 specifically so we could open the balcony door and the answer was a definitive no. Apparently it is up to each individual captain and this particular one doesn't allow it.

We have 2 rooms next to each other on Mariner of the Seas for our Sept.11-18 Western Caribbean. I had heard you can remove the balcony partitions between the 2 rooms and have 1 bigger balcony. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks.

Crusin Ben

Impossible to remove the balcony partions between some of the rooms and all the other balcony partions are way to big and bulky to remove.

Hi....I sailed on the Mariner in January...we had 2 D-2 balcony cabins on deck 8....we asked to have the divider between the balconies opened. Due to high winds we were unable to have the balcony opened until Friday....but they opened the balcony on Friday and left it that way until Sunday. It was great! You just need to go to the Guest Relations desk to make the request and then follow-up with your cabin steward. Guest relations said they would have opened the balcony at the beginning of the week, but the weather was too poor....at the end of the week the weather improved and that is when they opened the balcony.

(This is beachchick)

But again, it is up to the ship's captain. Many are saying no, regardless of the weather or any other issue, because there have been some problems reported in the past (not sure what exactly).

We've asked to have our adjoining cabin balcony dividers opened and have been told no way (captain's orders). One note, if they do open them up, the partition swings over to be secured (at least on Mariner) and (as I've heard) can block a good portion of one of the cabin doors. Also, the weather could be a real issue. I would not want one of those heavy partitions to come loose in bad weather/high wind and go flying on me or down on anyone else. Come to think of it, many captains may be saying no for the liability issue alone...think of the lawsuit if a partition came loose and injured or killed someone on a balcony below. Just food for thought. It's something we'd love, but haven't been able to do.

beachchick

Hi....I sailed on the Mariner in January...we had 2 D-2 balcony cabins on deck 8....

Plez forgive me for using this post for this but:

AdventureGirl:

Cruisinisforme told me to check with you on Mariner info. Met her on FOS 11/06 post. I'm sailing in a D2 on July 24. First time on Mariner. See you've been on her many times. You have a review some where I can read?

Plez forgive me for using this post for this but:

AdventureGirl:

Cruisinisforme told me to check with you on Mariner info. Met her on FOS 11/06 post. I'm sailing in a D2 on July 24. First time on Mariner. See you've been on her many times. You have a review some where I can read?

I'll look for you over on the FOS thread....chat there.

Archived