NCL Dolphin Encounter - monkeys?

BabsterA

We visited Gumbalimba Park at Roatan on my son's first cruise and he's talked about seeing the monkeys ever since. We are cruising on the Jewel in January 2014, bringing his girlfriend on HER first cruise. Of all the ports, it looks like the nicest of the dolphin encounters is in Roatan, of course!

The dolphin encounter is at 9 and the Gumbalimba excursion is at 11, so I don't see how we can do both BUT thought I'd mine the experience of those who have done the dolphin encounter - is it CLOSE to Gumbalimba park? Is it possible there were monkeys to visit in the area where to dolphin encounter is held?

Any thoughts or hints?

We are doing the NCL Dolphin Encounter with Tabyana Beach Break afterwords on our next cruise.

The Dolphin excursion is at Anthony's Key Resort.

Not sure where Gumbalimba park is in relation...

Just a suggestion.

You could book the Dolphin encounter through Anthony's Key directly.

Book a driver for the day like Victor Bodden or Rony's.

I know Bodden is $25 pp with 4 or more in your group. (which would be cheaper than a cab to these places)

Have the driver take you to both places when you want to go. (you'd just have to pay admission at Gumbalimba and your dolphin swim cost)

Victor Bodden also has monkeys and other animals at his house for a $5 fee. (not sure what Gumbalimba charges) Was very cool when we did it last time in Roatan. (we did Monkeys at Victors, the Iguana Farm and the then an entire island sightseeing tour.)

Bill

Gumbalimba is in between Anthonys Key and Tabayana........ closer to Tabayana than AKR.

So top to bottom : Anthonys Key, West End, Gumbalimba and then West Bay Beach (Tabayana, Infinity Bay, Bananarama etc)

I would arrange for a taxi for the day ( or a private driver) much easier and cheaper !!!!

Archived