Royal Princess Dec.8 St Thomas docking area

the kids

Does anyone have information where the Royal Princess will dock in St Thomas of the Dec.8,cruise. ? I received mixed comments where she will dock,either at Crown Bay or Havensite..Spoke with Princess today however two reps. have given opposite answers. Hopefully, it will be Havensite!! Thanks for any help \The Kids

Does anyone have information where the Royal Princess will dock in St Thomas of the Dec.8,cruise. ? I received mixed comments where she will dock,either at Crown Bay or Havensite..Spoke with Princess today however two reps. have given opposite answers. Hopefully, it will be Havensite!! Thanks for any help \The Kids

According to VINow.. It is scheduled for Havensite.:D

Havensite is much more convenient and has the huge outdoor shopping area.

Crown Bay appeared scruffy when we docked there in 2011.

Crown Bay wasn't too bad when I was there last year, sort of industrial outside the main gate. I'm not sure if either is really within a comfortable walking distance from the pier into downtown Charlotte Amalie. Looking forward to docking in both facilities this December on my B2B just to see the arrival and departure scenery.

Crown Bay wasn't too bad when I was there last year, sort of industrial outside the main gate. I'm not sure if either is really within a comfortable walking distance from the pier into downtown Charlotte Amalie. Looking forward to docking in both facilities this December on my B2B just to see the arrival and departure scenery.

As official old farts (65+) we would never think of walking to town from Havensite. However when cabbing over we see plenty of young healthy cruisers striding along the road heading to and from town. Plus you can walk to all the stores within the pier and hose outside as well as the tram up the hill where all the great pictures of the Havensite are taken.

Even though there were some stores in Crown Bay I was not wild about it. We did take the St. John's tour, leaving Crown Bay by launch, so I can't comment on the road running into Havensite.

There were no ships in Havensite that day so I wonder, was anything open just for land tourists and locals who shop at stores like the drug store, etc.? This was in May with a reduced schedule of ships calling.

As official old farts (65+) we would never think of walking to town from Havensite. However when cabbing over we see plenty of young healthy cruisers striding along the road heading to and from town. Plus you can walk to all the stores within the pier and hose outside as well as the tram up the hill where all the great pictures of the Havensite are taken.

Even though there were some stores in Crown Bay I was not wild about it. We did take the St. John's tour, leaving Crown Bay by launch, so I can't comment on the road running into Havensite.

There were no ships in Havensite that day so I wonder, was anything open just for land tourists and locals who shop at stores like the drug store, etc.? This was in May with a reduced schedule of ships calling.

Your experience was about the same as mine for Crown Bay. I also took the St. John's tour from the nearby marina area and never got as far into St. Thomas as the gift shops at that dock. They were a little on the lame side but all I wanted was a shot glass for my friends collection. I won't be getting off again this year at Crown Bay and just plan on relaxing at The Retreat or maybe get a Day Pass for The Sanctuary. The following week however I may go into Charlotte Amalie but I'm not sure if I'm missing anything, but after spending 11 days on Royal Princess I may need to get off the ship and stretch my legs a little bit. I do want to take the scenic lift ride to the top of Paradise Point when Royal Princess docks at Havensite for some aerial pictures of her and Norwegian Epic.

Your experience was about the same as mine for Crown Bay. I also took the St. John's tour from the nearby marina area and never got as far into St. Thomas as the gift shops at that dock. They were a little on the lame side but all I wanted was a shot glass for my friends collection. I won't be getting off again this year at Crown Bay and just plan on relaxing at The Retreat or maybe get a Day Pass for The Sanctuary. The following week however I may go into Charlotte Amalie but I'm not sure if I'm missing anything, but after spending 11 days on Royal Princess I may need to get off the ship and stretch my legs a little bit. I do want to take the scenic lift ride to the top of Paradise Point when Royal Princess docks at Havensite for some aerial pictures of her and Norwegian Epic.

If you do go up the tram you can see all the way out to Crown Bay if conditions are sunny and clear. And with a superzoom camera you can get a halfway decent shot of the ship docked there. Whatever it will be.

If you do go up the tram you can see all the way out to Crown Bay if conditions are sunny and clear. And with a superzoom camera you can get a halfway decent shot of the ship docked there. Whatever it will be.

Allure of the Seas and Celebrity Eclipse. That will make an interesting picture! :eek::D

The Kids thank each and every one for their response to Royal Princess docking in St Thomas/ Havensite. We have visited both Crown Bay and Havensite several times, finding Havensite soooo much better. Hopefully, the schedule will not change for the Dec.8th cruise.

Allure

St T. 12/11

St M. 12/12

Enjoy Allure of the Seas. I did a Pictorial Review of her last year and truly had a nice time. If you decide to head up to Paradise Point in St. Thomas let me know. Maybe we can toast a local beverage to our friends on Cruise Critic. :D

P.S. We'll also be in Saint Martin on the 12th as well! Royal Princess arrives first and leaves last. Just three ships in port according to cruisetimetables. Will get some pictures of your arrival and Sail Away and post them!

:D

Enjoy Allure of the Seas. I did a Pictorial Review of her last year and truly had a nice time. If you decide to head up to Paradise Point in St. Thomas let me know. Maybe we can toast a local beverage to our friends on Cruise Critic. :D

P.S. We'll also be in Saint Martin on the 12th as well! Royal Princess arrives first and leaves last. Just three ships in port according to cruisetimetables. Will get some pictures of your arrival and Sail Away and post them!

:D

Thank goodness only 3 ships in SXM that day. Between them the RP and ALOTS carry around 10,200. Can you see another 8-10,000.:eek::eek:

Thank goodness only 3 ships in SXM that day. Between them the RP and ALOTS carry around 10,200. Can you see another 8-10,000.:eek::eek:

I was in Saint Martin last year with Independence of the Seas and Norwegian Sun, and the streets of Philipsburg were packed. As it stands now the three ships that will be there this year can carry a lot more people. I have no real desire to go ashore that day either and may spend some quality time in the new thermal suite and Enclave on Royal Princess instead. ;)

Archived