BREAKING NEWS: Carnival Victory: 44 Day Dry dock

The Triumph is not going to be Sunshined, but it looks like the Victory will be

The Victory and the Triumph already had the fixes from the mistakes of the Destiny when they were built. That even includes an additional deck.

Being we sailed the latter two first, it was easy to find the differences when we sailed the Destiny.

And even those two ships eventually got their own class, after originally being placed in the Destiny class, so that they would stop being called "the Destiny class ship with all the fixes".

These extended refits are not just to make them look pretty.

A lot has to do with improvements, additions to the mechanical and safety systems of the vessels to correct design and mechanical faults, including back up systems.

All required by class and other marine certification groups.

AKK

Once again, to sum things up...

-------------------------------------------

Freedom dry dock 49 days March to May 2014: 3/30/14-5/19/14

Victory dry dock 44 days September to November 2014: 9/25/14-11/06/14

---------------------------------------------------

Carnival Valor dry dock: 3/15/15-4/22/15

Carnival Magic Dry dock 2/08/15-4/05/15

--------------------------------------------------

There are other ships that will receive upgrades in the mean time, but none as extensive as these...

If you really want to impress us, tell us what is going to be done to the ships.:cool:

If you really want to impress us, tell us what is going to be done to the ships.:cool:

Freeport.

---------------------------------------------

Oops misread your question... Freedom will receive all of 2.0 upgrades including several restaurants from Breeze. Also added may be Waterworks and Skycourse. 3 level Serenity will not be added.

Victory will be "Sunshined". No partial deck will need to be added.

Too early for Valor and Magic, but my guess is that Magic will be retrofitted for Asia and Valor will have a miniature version of what the Freedom will get

----------------------------------------------

Decor will be specific to ship

I am not quoting them. We came up with the schedule and posted it here first. I am showing that ***** is also onboard with this dry dock schedule as they posted it after it was first seen here

Yeah. The old game of telephone, only there's no company source.

Freeport.

Oops misread your question... Freedom will receive all of 2.0 upgrades including several restaurants from Breeze. Also added may be Waterworks and Skycourse. 3 level Serenity will not be added.

Victory will be "Sunshined". No partial deck will need to be added.

Too early for Valor and Magic, but my guess is that Magic will be retrofitted for Asia and Valor will have a miniature version of what the Freedom will get

----------------------------------------------

Decor will be specific to ship

Also added may be Waterworks and Skycourse. 3 level Serenity will not be added.

This is all nothing until we read the Carnival news releases. They've changed so many dry dock dates already nothing would surprise me.

Just because Carnival trademarked a few ship names doesn't mean they are going to use them. I read so many places where the 2016 build would be Sunrise or Splash and it turned out to be neither.

All this from people who say they know....

I am not quoting them. We came up with the schedule and posted it here first. I am showing that ***** is also onboard with this dry dock schedule as they posted it after it was first seen here

Which of the "we" works for Carnival. And am I to assume that is your FB page, and you're sourcing it?

Once again, to sum things up...

-------------------------------------------

Freedom dry dock 49 days March to May 2014: 3/30/14-5/19/14

Victory dry dock 44 days September to November 2014: 9/25/14-11/06/14

---------------------------------------------------

Carnival Valor dry dock: 3/15/15-4/22/15

Carnival Magic Dry dock 2/08/15-4/05/15

--------------------------------------------------

There are other ships that will receive upgrades in the mean time, but none as extensive as these...

So, to sum things up.

This is all based on speculation and reading tea leaves with no official announcement or press release from Carnival, yet......

This is not speculation. This information comes directly from Carnival. This is not speculation. What is done to each ship, however, is speculation.

Could you provide us a working link to this information from Carnival? I've looked at the Carnival website, JH's Blog, JH's FB page, and have not found any of this information. :confused:

Could you provide us a working link to this information from Carnival? I've looked at the Carnival website, JH's Blog, JH's FB page, and have not found any of this information. :confused:

The dates have just been uploaded to carnival website. Try mock booking one of these ships during these dates. Impossible.

"As far as I'm concerned, these long dry docks are the 300 million spend to update their ships to safety standards, as previously announced."

This sentence makes more sense than anything else posted on this thread so far.

Yes, it does.

The dates have just been uploaded to carnival website. Try mock booking one of these ships during these dates. Impossible.

You do realize that there are other reasons why you might not be able to book a ship besides a dry dock period?

Let me just make things clear as it may be confusing... There will be two MAJOR dry docks next year, one for the Freedom and one for the Victory. The Freedom's dry dock (49 days) is from March to May and the Victory's (44 days) is from September to November... The available names as of now are Sunrise and Splash. I believe one of these ships will become Sunrise and one will become Splash.

You did forgot to mention the long Dry dock for Carnival Legend.

Remember how long Triumph stayed in Mobile after the fire? That was just for the mechanical repairs and addition of the new redundancy systems. They didn't do any of the 2.0 additions in Mobile. That was done in Freeport and only took a few weeks for the cosmetics. I think Mr Pete is right about the length of the drydocks pertaining to the new mechanical upgrades as opposed to a "Sunshining". That's a whole lotta engineering that's got to be done to upgrade the mechanicals and it doesn't happen in two weeks.

Archived