One dive, novice scuba

astrocat

We are a family of 3 on December 28 sailing. Astrocat jnr (17) is keen to try a novice scuba dive. He has previously done two introductory shallow open water dives off Lahaina, Maui, and is comfortable in the water. I am thinking that he might do some prep work at a dive school here in NZ first, so that he may do ONE dive on our sailing.

GardeningGirl and DH .. I think you did some novice dives recently? If opting for one dive only, which would you recommend?

We are already booked for a snorkel trip with Christoph on the first morning in Bora Bora. I have done this previously, and loved it.

Thanks all, for any advice ...

Doh. Have already found two posts on the front page here which have helped a lot ... thinking maybe Toopua will be good for him, on the 2nd afternoon at BoraBora???

Also there is a lot of info on the PG website.

I apologise for not doing a tad more research first .. but any other feedback still welcome :o

I would do the dive in Moorea. We did the snorkel trip with the same company a few weeks ago and it was great. We were finally able to see the manta rays. The water in Moorea was a little clearer for the dive than Bora Bora. Also, some dives in Bora Bora are scheduled to try and see the manta rays. There is little else to see at that site and IMHO the dives in Moorea with turtles, sharks and an abundance of reef fish would be better.

Archived