Diving in Grand Cayman?

momofdsc

We will be in GC on Tuesday, August 2, from the Carnival Miracle. My 15-year-old son is an Advanced Open Water certified diver and is looking for a good morning dive. (maybe a wall or wreck or cave?) Any suggestions? Safety is an issue since he will be alone on this dive. Also, is there a beach nearby that the rest of the family, 4 of us, can swim/snorkel, yet be close by when he returns from the dive?

I recommend a boat dive with http://www.neptunesdivers.com. Casey and Keith are really nice people. They do guided dives so your son won't be diving alone. They usually do their pickup at Public Beach, part of 7 mile beach. You could wait there for him, but since 2 tanks dive trips usually are at least 3 hours long, you might want to plan just to meet him there when they return.

Thanks for the info. guys. I just booked my son with Neptune's, for the 9-12 2-tanks dive. I was happy to get your feedback because I was ready to book with Eden Rock, which does sound good, BUT the area where the rest of us would wait for him is good for snorkeling, but is NOT a beach, but rocks. Since Neptune's meets and departs from/returns to 7 Mile Beach, that will be perfect for the rest of the family. Thank you.

Archived