Hawaii Oct 12-14 on Star Princess Snuba Anyone?

sprshop

I am trying to find a catamaran snorkel/snuba trip on Maui, Kauai, Hilo.:p I have checked the internet and have been told by one company to try end of Aug beginning Sept. I know the ship offers snorkeling trips, but not on a catamaran which is our preference. Is anyone on this ship interested in something like this? Has anyone booked any catamaran trips yet?:confused:

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

:):) Thanks in Advance:):)

The place to find out what your fellow cruisers are doing is your roll call, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1634918

I see you have been active on your roll call already. That is the place for the "anybody on this cruise" type questions.

As to seeking a vender for doing it yourself, there are many on Maui, although not all have catamarans. Are you talking coming ashore at Lahaina or Kahalui on Maui? In either case, I would start with Pacific Whale Foundation (for either Lahaina, or Kahalui) or Capt Steves if coming ashore at Lahaina.

Thanks. The ship arrives at 7am in Maui, tenders to Lahaina, leaves at 6pm. Hilo arrives 8am leaves at 5pm. Would like a sailing Catamaran (like Trilogy) for both ports. I am looking for a tour company that will roundtrip transportation to/from ship if possible. So far, no roll-call responses (as you can see). I am not sure of distances on islands and would like not to miss tour or ship. I will keep trying to call tour companies, but would prefer a recommendation from someone who has done an excursion and can guide me in the right direction. Most interested in Snuba.

I am trying not to stress tooo:eek:much, but want to have all my ducks in a row before cruise so I can relax:D totally on ship.

Thanks again.:)

For Lahaina, there are a couple of venders right where you get off the tenders, so no shuttle is required. These venders include Pacific Whale Foundation and Triology. However, can't promise you a catamaran. May have to compromise some to get what you want. Capt Steves is out of Mala Harbor, maybe 10 minutes in a taxi, but gets very positive reviews due to great customer service. We agree, his operation is excellent. No shuttle, you would have to take a taxi.

Can't answer for your other ports, as haven't been there in years. However, have been to Lahaina more than a dozen times, with a visit scheduled in November.

Archived