Escalators on Breakaway?

debt

No escalators. Didn't do the Ocean Blue takeaway...sorry...enjoyed the food we got from the raw bar.

Thanks for the quick reply. Also thanks for your review. It's got me more excited for my cruise, even without escalators.:D

If you wouldn't mind another question; is there a additional fee for a second appetizer in all specialty restaurants or just Ocean Blue?

There are escalator's on the Epic? I am surprised to hear that. IIRC the Holland America 'S' class quartet had them when new, but they were subsequently removed account too many passenger accidents....

Yep, there are escalators on Epic. If I remember correctly, they go between the fifth and sixth floors. :)

I can attest that the Lobster Roll at Ocean Blue on the Waterfront is delicious!!! But they serve it with homemade potato chips. This would be perfectly wonderful if the weren't serving from an outside window in the humid weather. Soggy chips.

The servers at Ocean Blue will tell you that the dining experience is a three course meal. An appetizer, entrée and dessert. So if you want anything else you would probably have to pay for it but I didn't ask. All the other specialties (Cagney's in particular) you can only get one entrée but as many appetizers and desserts as you want.

There are escalators on the Breakaway, but they're for the crew's use. When we ate in the Manhattan Room, I had a direct view of the servers carrying the food trays while riding the escalators. I marveled at their balance! They were bringing the food from Deck 6 to the Manhattan Room on Deck 7.

Thanks for the quick reply. Also thanks for your review. It's got me more excited for my cruise, even without escalators.:D

If you wouldn't mind another question; is there a additional fee for a second appetizer in all specialty restaurants or just Ocean Blue?

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

The additional fee for a second appetizer is just Ocean Blue.

Archived