Restaurants- Oasis

Reading some of the negative reviews of the main dining room food, I think I would like to get one of the specialty restaurant packages. Which package is the most popular? Also, is a steak at a specialty that much better than at the MDR? Should I stick with other items, and save the steak for the specialties? Thanks!

On Oasis class......We usually get the 4 night dining package, Chops, Gio, Samba/Bistro and Zum. We eat in Chops an extra night. The other two nights we decide last minute what to eat if anything but snacks. Do not step foot in the MDR, Have before... it is good...sometimes great.. sometime poor but overall good to great. We just do not like the crowds and find the other dining venues calm and wonderful.

Well the crowds won't bother me too much as long as it doesn't take too long to get seated. Not sure why you wouldn't set foot in there if the food ranges from good to great. I'm just wondering if there are certain items on the menu more likely to be great than good.

We thought the MDR food on the Oasis was very good. We like quality food, but I wouldn't call us "food snobs."

We went to Chops one night and were somewhat disappointed because it wasn't any better than the MDR, and actually it was a little bit worse. Hubby liked his steak, but mine was dry, even after they butterflied it to keep it from getting dry. The mashed potatoes were watery and I don't think they used real cream to make them. The crab cake was greasy (I could literally see the grease when I put my fork in it). The shrimp cocktail, though, was superior to the MDR version - much larger shrimp and better cocktail sauce.

Well the crowds won't bother me too much as long as it doesn't take too long to get seated. Not sure why you wouldn't set foot in there if the food ranges from good to great. I'm just wondering if there are certain items on the menu more likely to be great than good.

Not that we planned on "not setting foot in the MDR" it just worked out that way the last couple of times and I was ok with it. Besides I liked having 2 nights where we had no dinner plans and just ate lite and whatever we wanted.

It's been a while since we sailed but our sailing was only a few weeks after starting the new menus and the main dining room food was outstanding with only a few exceptions. I really enjoyed it.

we did giovanni's table too, it was good but extremely slow service the night we went. It was almost a let down but the food was very good.

If you get something you don't care for they are more than happy to bring you something else. I'm confident you'll find something you enjoy each night.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

I will say that we had specialty restaurants planned (and paid for) for four nights... Because we enjoyed our experience in the MDR so much we cancelled one of the specialty restaurants.... (We ended up doing 150 Central Park, chops, chefs table)

We were never disappointed with any meal on board...

Archived