Any Info - Live Entertainment on Ruby

lovespositano

Does anybody have updated info on which bands are on the Ruby and who is in Crooner's?

Not sure when you are going, but I can tell you for sure that Arny G is in Crooners now and will be there until Sept 9. I go on the Ruby on Friday, and can't wait to spend my evenings in Crooners with Arny.....the very best IMHO

Just got off Ruby last week.

Arny G in Crooners

Pianist Ziggy Jurczyk in Adagio

Party Band Evolution in Explorers Lounge

23 Degrees Duo in Wheelhouse Bar

DJ BKG in Skywalkers

Whyte (2 brothers from England sang Beatles songs and 50's and 60's music, very good)

Vocalist Claude Eric

Fiesta String Quartet, performed mostly in Piazza

The Ruby Princess Orchestra was outstanding! They performed as a jazz band a few times and I was very impressed

To flcruiser3 -

Thanks so much!! I've been away from Princess since summer 2011 (we may have been on the Ruby together then) - so I'm not familiar with any of these guys. Have heard from others than Arny G is great but seems he's getting off the ship before my cruise (9/21). Did you spend any time in Explorer's or Wheelerhouse and what did you think of these guys? No band in Fusion? Where was "Whyte" - a show in the theater?

Hope you had a wonderful cruise!!!!

To flcruiser3 -

Thanks so much!! I've been away from Princess since summer 2011 (we may have been on the Ruby together then) - so I'm not familiar with any of these guys. Have heard from others than Arny G is great but seems he's getting off the ship before my cruise (9/21). Did you spend any time in Explorer's or Wheelerhouse and what did you think of these guys? No band in Fusion? Where was "Whyte" - a show in the theater?

Hope you had a wonderful cruise!!!!

You are welcome!

"Whyte" performed twice, once in the Princess Theater and once in the Explorer's Lounge.

The duo on the Wheelhouse bar seemed good, but both times I was in there the place was dead, I think only 1 or 2 tables had people at them.

I only saw the Party Band in the Explorer's while walking past the Lounge. They seemed to draw a pretty big crowd, but I did not hear enough to critique them.

I don't think Club Fusion had any bands, just videos. They seemed to have ESPN videos or music videos playing.

We LOVED our cruise and the ports. I hope you have a great time too. I am going to try to post some reviews this weekend.

• 2 months later...
Just got off Ruby last week.

Arny G in Crooners

Pianist Ziggy Jurczyk in Adagio

Party Band Evolution in Explorers Lounge

23 Degrees Duo in Wheelhouse Bar

DJ BKG in Skywalkers

Whyte (2 brothers from England sang Beatles songs and 50's and 60's music, very good)

Vocalist Claude Eric

Fiesta String Quartet, performed mostly in Piazza

The Ruby Princess Orchestra was outstanding! They performed as a jazz band a few times and I was very impressed

UPDATE: From 9/21/13 - 10/12/13 Ruby Cruise

Tommy McPhee in Crooners - fabulous, the best we have seen in Crooner's

Party Band Evolution (1st week only) - fantastic and so sorry to lose them

Party Band Atomic (2nd and 3rd weeks) - as bad as Evolution was good

Trio Ad Libitum - Trio of violin, cello and piano - loved their music, all over the ship

Happy cruising everyone!!:D

UPDATE: From 9/21/13 - 10/12/13 Ruby Cruise

Tommy McPhee in Crooners - fabulous, the best we have seen in Crooner's

Party Band Evolution (1st week only) - fantastic and so sorry to lose them

Party Band Atomic (2nd and 3rd weeks) - as bad as Evolution was good

Trio Ad Libitum - Trio of violin, cello and piano - loved their music, all over the ship

Happy cruising everyone!!:D

hi lady and welcome home...........

Archived