pier (berth) number for crown

This is going to sound strange and im sure not even answerable.

But you never should underestimate the knowledge of cruisers.

We are staying in hotel in North Bergen the night before our cruise Sept 11th on the Crown.

They offer shuttle service.. to and from, but they were asking for a pier number for the Crown for pick up.

I checked the cruise terminal website but it says TBD.

And 5 ships will be docked on the day we arrive.. ouch...

Anyone know which pier (or piers) it has berthed at this year?

thanks Karen

http://www.nycruiseterminal.com/calpgs/sept.htm

it doesn't matter there is only one entrance to the piers(unless you are walking). As you drive down they post which ship is at which pier. Normally the Crown is in the most northerly one but that doesn't always hold true. Ouch if there are five at once. The crown is normally in the earliest so get there early in my opinion....

The exact number is different each time. In May we left from one and returned to another, however they are all connected and the name of the ship is displayed on the front of the one it's in.

Thanks

Im fairly sure its safe to tell them 88-94 hahaa.

Its not like its going to be the biggest ship in the place

and look like the others..;)

Do you remember about what time they let you of the ship (deck 5)?

9:30 or so Id guess

Hi Bermudashorts! As we are sailing with you that day, you can bet I ran to the various nyc websites to check which 5 ships would be in town that day. Can't find more than 2...the Dawn and the Crown. I checked both the schedule on the Port of Ny Branch of the World Ship Society website & the NYPST website. No ships but the NCL girls. Even the RCCL ships out of Bayonne seem to have stopped their sailings by then. BUT...I seem to remember that last Sept 11 there were a mess of ships in port: one of the Grand Class Princess monsters, Topaz/PeaceBoat (ex. Empress of Britain, etc), a Seabourne ship, NCL Crown, and maybe something else, too? Did you perhaps check a 2004 schedule?

Come to think of it, we were on the deck of Topaz for a World Ship Society get-together last 9/11 and I remember looking up at Regal Princess next to us...but for some reason I think a Grand Class ship was there too. Maybe not. Topaz/PeaceBoat has her own brand of Greek wine and it was flowing too freely for very accurate memories ;)

Sorry, I'm an idiot and didn't read the original posting carefully enough :( When we come back the terminal will certainly be FULL of NCL ships, etc. Yoiks! And Carnival & Seabourne for good measure. I think we'll just walk east a couple of blocks and hail a cab...(That'll teach me not to post in the middle of the night ;) )

Just make sure they know you're coming into Manhattan, they might be confused since RCCL is using a peir in NJ.

Won't this be fun when there are ships coming into Port Liberty, Manhattan and Brooklyn next year? Bet some smart cabby or shuttle service will be making money shuttling people dropped off at the wrong port all weekend long!

Thanks

Im fairly sure its safe to tell them 88-94 hahaa.

Its not like its going to be the biggest ship in the place

and look like the others..;)

Do you remember about what time they let you of the ship (deck 5)?

9:30 or so Id guess

Just look for the big ship. The crown will be the little one to the right :D

954076500_CrownDawn521.jpg.1bd3645d9f42a3d33df6e94a54faf72b.jpg

Just look for the big ship. The crown will be the little one to the right :D

you mean that little toy boat on the right...yeah shes a beauty isnt she :D

Ok David, are you trying to up your post count.. in one thread..

there are better ways of doing that ;):p

Archived