Mediterranean Odyssey

Have contacted Thomson & they have advised that there will be two Gala Evenings on this cruise. Has anybody had experience of a two week or more cruise with Thomson's (not two seven day cruises.) It would be interesting to know what has happened in the past.:)

Just back from Fire and Ice on the Spirit it was a 13 night cruise and we had 2 formal night. The first was the Captains cocktail party this was the night of the first day at sea, and the second was the Gala night also a day at sea at the end of the cruise. For the first Formal Night you are allocated a first or second sitting for dinner, and you keep this sitting for the second formal night. I believe if you are not happy with the sitting allocated to you, you can request a change at reception.

Hope this helps :)

Yes you can request a change of dinner sitting. Usually, the maitre d' is at a desk by reception on the morning of the formal night and you just go and see him and ask to change.

We have ALWAYS been allocated first sitting and we always have to go and change it :rolleyes::)

Yes there have always been two formal nights on a 13/14 night itinerary in our experience. The second one usually doesn't have the Captain's cocktail element but the dressing up element is the same. I always take formal for two nights anyway.

You mention more than two weeks - I don't know the answer to that but I would think (hope) that on a three week trip like the Transatlantics you would also get one per week but perhaps someone can confirm that.

Archived