Tropicante as a base

Sir_Randy

We will be in Mahahual in February off the Dawn and are planning on taking a cab and using Tropicante as our base.

We are thinking of reserving a couple chairs with Steve, have a few beverages, walk-a-bout, return to Tropicante for a few more beverages and a massage, and then walk to the light house and have shrimp tacos at Sak Ha before grabbing a cab back to the port.

Does this sound a good plan?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Excellent plan. Steve will hold your loungers. I'd take personal possessions with me though, just to be on the safe side. I think towels etc on the loungers will be okay, something that says occupied, so his lounge hawkers don't give them away. Tell the wait staff too.

Sak Ha is a great spot for a quick bite and these folks are are so nice. If you speak any Spanish, they'll chat with you if they aren't busy. Go with whatever they say is freshest today or any specials they may be cooking.

I seem to recall that the first taxi stand is down on Sierra. So it might be a bit difficult to catch a taxi at the lighthouse or Sak Ha, but you might find one at the Pemex station or Tequila Beach as you walk back down the malecon.

We will be going there also, and would love a report on how this works out. Have fun..:)

We will be in Mahahual in February off the Dawn and are planning on taking a cab and using Tropicante as our base.

We are thinking of reserving a couple chairs with Steve, have a few beverages, walk-a-bout, return to Tropicante for a few more beverages and a massage, and then walk to the light house and have shrimp tacos at Sak Ha before grabbing a cab back to the port.

Does this sound a good plan?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Archived