Barcelona Tour Opinion/Question

I am considering taking the city tour offered by RCL. In short, the tour starts at the airport and drops you off at the ship a few hours later in time to embark on the cruise. My question: The description states that it is for flights that arrive at 9:15 (AM) or earlier. My flight arrives at 9:30 (AM). The actual tour does not leave until 10:30AM. I am thinking about risking it in the hope that I will make it since it is only a 15 minute difference. Now I know that flights are delayed etc. etc. But has anyone been in this situation and can offer some advice?

Thanks in advance.

I am considering taking the city tour offered by RCL. In short, the tour starts at the airport and drops you off at the ship a few hours later in time to embark on the cruise. My question: The description states that it is for flights that arrive at 9:15 (AM) or earlier. My flight arrives at 9:30 (AM). The actual tour does not leave until 10:30AM. I am thinking about risking it in the hope that I will make it since it is only a 15 minute difference. Now I know that flights are delayed etc. etc. But has anyone been in this situation and can offer some advice?

Thanks in advance.

You may want to direct your question here on the Spain Ports forum.

I'm sure that this thread will be headed in that direction shortly.:)

I have been reading the Spain boards carefully for the last few months. I have not seen this question answered.

But, I think this is an RCL question. Will they let you book excursion if the flight is scheduled after the time they set? You fill in the fight and times in your online check--in. You should contact them to ask this question.

But, I think this is an RCL question. Will they let you book excursion if the flight is scheduled after the time they set? You fill in the fight and times in your online check--in. You should contact them to ask this question.

Thanks for the response. You are correct and I will check with RCL. :)

BCN airport is well run, but 15 minutes is real close if they really take that end time serious...The walk from the gate to the baggage reclaim is about 10min (and longer depending what gate), as you are from the USA you will need to clear customs first, pick up the bags, get out of the airport and locate the agent for the tour...That is if all goes well.

If you can get rid of the bags somewhere (we have arrived at the pier around 9 and already porters where taking bags for the upcoming cruise), Barcelona has a nice pick off, drop off bus system that takes you past all the sites.

http://www.barcelonacitytour.com/en/how-to-get-on-the-bus/tickets-and-special-offers/

Have you thought of booking a private tour? There are many companies in BCN that will do just what you want - and probably at a better price than what the cruise lines charge. We used Barcelona Day Tours a couple of years ago. They will pick you up at the airport, give you a great tour and then drop you off at the ship.

Archived