No Huge Ships, Please

ChiSue

False. Cunard ships do not have a class system. They haven't since sometime in the 90s. Even if they did, how would it relevant to the poster's question about ship size?

Cunard DO still have a class system, and, surprisingly, it is still described as such in at least some of their literature, where you will read that you can travel 'Grill Class' (Queen's Grill or Princess Grill) or Britannia Class. While this is supposedly based on the dining room you will use, the accommodation is in separate areas and there are some facilities and areas (e.g. sections of open deck, lounges) only available to Grill Class passengers.

I agree that this issue is not relevant to the OP, but you made a correction which is, I feel, inaccurate where the original statement was not.

We have cruised on the Queen Mary 2 (and 11 other cruise lines) and Cunard has no more of a class system then most other lines. Yes, you can pay a lot of money to be in the high-end suites which will entitle you to some extra benefits including a separate dining room. But you can do the same thing on lines like Celebrity (Aqua Class), Holland America (Neptune Suites), Norwegian, etc. Nearly all lines have certain cabin categories that come with additional amenities.

Hank

Cunard DO still have a class system, and, surprisingly, it is still described as such in at least some of their literature, where you will read that you can travel 'Grill Class' (Queen's Grill or Princess Grill) or Britannia Class. While this is supposedly based on the dining room you will use, the accommodation is in separate areas and there are some facilities and areas (e.g. sections of open deck, lounges) only available to Grill Class passengers.

I agree that this issue is not relevant to the OP, but you made a correction which is, I feel, inaccurate where the original statement was not.

Cunard refers to the cabin grade as a dining category, never anything such as Princess Grill "class'. I find that most people who post on these boards using the word "class" when referring to the current Cunard Line have no idea what a traditional multi-class ship is.

So, Cunard does NOT have a "class" system.

My correction is perfectly accurate.

Archived