SCRAPBOOKING-looking for suggestions

tourist

KanasScrapper, hello so I need some help how do I post a picture of my page on here. I am not a computer wiz so go slow and tell me by detail or I am not going to be able to follow you , thanks for your help. I enjoy seeing your pages keep em coming.

I just finished scrapping my cruise from last year. One of the pictures I wish I had taken was a picture of our cabin number. It would have been just the thing to finish off my page. I also take a lot of pictures of signs such as store fronts, welcome to ...., etc. The work great for titles

What an awesome idea! I love it and will borrow that one - thank you!

I have learned so much from this thread - thank you all! I will definitely do the room number idea, and the currency, too. On our ALaska cruise two years ago, I took pictures of everything, included our sea-passes and the daily Compass in my scrapbook, and did the postcard thing as well. (If the weather isn't perfect, or you can't get "Just the right shot" of something fabulous, there is always an inexpensive postcard for it!). The one thing I learned on the Alaska cruise was to take something with me to put all my memorabilia in so it wouldn't get ruined before I could scrap it at home. This time I am taking some flat plastic 12x12 page envelopes I bought at the craft store - the kind you can put everything in to get a page idea together. Bought them cheap at the store and they will fit in the bottom of the suitcase, even fully loaded. That and a small plastic box with a locking lid for the non-flat items, and I will be set. Will continue to read this thread for more of your great ideas - Happy Scrappin'!!! (By the way, any of you scrappers on the RCCL cruise on 10/15? Would love to compare notes on the ship!)

For those of you who may not know, there is a very nice Scrapbook website that allows you to upload your pages. You need to sign up, but it is free. Lots of idea and the Gallery is wonderful. You can search for something you are specifically looking for, i.e. travel, vacation etc.

http://www.scrapbook.com/ubbthreads/logout.php?Cat=&new=1&photo=

Enjoy!

More great ideas. I hadn't thought about a plastic box, but I'm definately going to look for something. I do take the plastic 12 x 12 envelope. I have a plastic box that is 12 x 12 that I bought at the craft store. It's probably alittle bigger than I need. I think they also had an 81/2 x 11. hmmm

I love the first drink receipt with picture of me drinking it. Great one!

Thanks for suggesting the scrapbook.com web site. Can't wait to check it out! It looks like a good one.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the little film cannisters and pick up just a little sand from whatever beach we are on, just a little, don't want to damage the beaches and use a stencil and stencil paste giving the name of the place. For instance Grand Cayman. Sprinkle the sand over the stencil paste while it is still wet. I didn't think there would be that much difference in the sand between Grand Cayman and Cozumel but there is.

Not scrapbooking related, but I make Christmas ornaments out of the shooter glasses. My husband insists on bringing all of them home and I ran out of places to put the silly things. If you want to know how just let me know.:)

Dear Kansas

I got mine at Hobby Lobby. It is also called moulding paste. It is acid free. It also works great with sea shell stencils. Just let the paste dry and the chalks work great. Just gives you some texture and something different. I'm always looking for something different to do in the scrapbook.:)

We save sand too and put them in those little clear plastic envelopes and seal them shut well. They are about 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" and you can find them in scrapbook stores. Sand is so different on every beach. We've been sand collectors for years. It looks awesome in books.

• 2 weeks later...

Another way to put sand on a scrap book page is to build a page on blue card stock, and on the bottom of the page, rip a long thin piece of tan card stock, run thru a xyron to make sticky, sprinkle your sand on this, you have a sandy beach. Add a sun and a palm tree. I also do the 12 x 12 envelopes. Before I go, I write the day on each one. On the cruise, I put all the stuff I collected for that day in it's envelope and on the outside write down info I do not want to forget, otherwise, I journal on the envelope. Also include envelopes for travel pre and post cruise. Can include hotel postcards, restuarant coasters, pictures of restuarants, ect. Also, hi-lite on your daily cruise papers all activities you attended.

Guest Cookiegirl

What a great thread! Just wanted to let you all know that there's a website where you can order all kinds of scrapbook products specifically for Caribbean, Alaska and Hawaii crusing. It's called http://www.tropicalscrapbooking.com. The woman who has the website is a cruiser and a scrapper, so she stays up on the latest products. I'm not affiliated with her in any way... and only found her website when I was looking for scrapbook embellishments and backgrounds that I couldn't find elsewhere. I ordered from her several times and have been very pleased with everything I received.

My first scrapbook project was a cruise we had taken in March '04 and I was very reluctant to try it... just scared I would mess it up somehow. But my daughter is an avid scrapbooker for the past 9 years and gave me alot of encouragement and helped me get started. She gave me tips on things to save before we left on the cruise, i.e., ticket stubs, daily papers, just about everything that you've already covered in this thread. I did a 12 x 12 book and it turned out beautifully. One thing I learned is that it's YOUR book so include things that will make you smile even years from now when you look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived