Review of Glory 8/10-8/15- Canadian Maritimes- Pictures

MrBanana1240

Sorry I am a little late on my review, but trust me: I remember the cruise very well.

A little background: 4th cruise. I went on Royal, and realized that Carnival does not match it, so we booked our cruise in November on the Glory. We were also planning a trip to Niagara Falls, but after adding the prices, this was going to be a much nicer and easier vacation, for less money. So we booked it. This was our first "cold cruise", which means it got colder along the way.

I'm going to go gather my information and such, and I will begin my review.

MrBanana, I was just thinking of you when I was reading a new thread entitled "Mr. Cahill's Assistant Call". It's a little further down the page from this thread. In it there is a person's name. Maybe you could contact her somehow to get through to the proper channels for your "idea" that you were talking about the other day. Sorry I am off topic here, but I felt like I needed to point that out in case you missed it. I'm looking forward to your Glory review--I have a Glory cruise coming up in October.

MrBanana, I was just thinking of you when I was reading a new thread entitled "Mr. Cahill's Assistant Call". It's a little further down the page from this thread. In it there is a person's name. Maybe you could contact her somehow to get through to the proper channels for your "idea" that you were talking about the other day. Sorry I am off topic here, but I felt like I needed to point that out in case you missed it. I'm looking forward to your Glory review--I have a Glory cruise coming up in October.

Thank you. I will go check it out now. And I wrote one in the member review section, but I like the past cruiser Q&A session on the thread so I am going to rewrite it. Well thanks.

We drove for Pennsylvania where we stayed the night to the Crowne Plaza in NJ. That is where we left the car. We took our luggage and got on a shuttle from the hotel to Newark Airport. We got off at Terminal A and got on a bus that took us through the Lincoln Tunnel and out to NY, and there it was, The Carnival Glory.

Biggest ship in the port. We were parked next to the Norwegian Gem.

We then got a taxi (king of transportation) and arrived at the Terminal. My first thought was, "Dang. welcome to NY." Men screaming at passengers to drop their luggage on the carts. One may actually called an old man back because he left his luggage on the ground. He gave him a hard time and made the old man lift his own luggage onto the cart. We tipped the guy and placed ours on and continued with our day. We were not in the mood for any fiasco.

We got into the terminal, got into what looked like a forever line. But we went through nicely. Got secured and the whole nine yards. Waited about 45 minutes before getting on. Finally...Getting there...almost...so close...Welcome onboard the Carnival Glory.

So we walked into the atrium to the tune of Beyoncé. 4 glass elevators, disco ceiling, friendly crew and a spa booth. It was 1:30, so we headed up to our room on deck 10 (interior, 1045, which I will discuss later). After changing we went to the pool. NY was probably the best day for sun without chills and the pool. We swam, went down the slide, suntanned, and most importantly, ate! Guys Burger Joint was the best burger I have ever had. No exaggeration there. The fries were amazing too. I spent some more time at the pool while my travel partner napped in the room. Hot tubs were closed the whole cruise. I will explain the confusion in a later entry. Muster drill came. I suggest taking your time getting there. You aren't pressed in the back and you get out easier. Then sailaway came! If you enter the sports complex on deck 10 and go up the stairs directly to the left, you can get a great view.

I sat in my spot and watched the sailaway. It is a nice highlight to the cruise. We passed the Freedom Tower and then Lady Liberty. Very, very beautiful day. Then we went under the Verazannos. Nice touch. We then headed for dinner.

First off, let me warn anyone in the Platinum Dining Room: It is set up weird and you have to walk through the Golden Dining Room on Deck 4, walk through a wallway, then walk through a lounge, and go to your table. I thought this was messed up and weird. It isn't fair that you have to walk through things. You could go under or below, but dang, didn't have this problem with ships under 2500 passengers.

Dinner was good. I missed my lava cake, which Royal does not serve. I cruise for the cakes :D So I enjoyed it. I had spaghetti, which was nice.

After dinner we watched James Bond on the outdoor theater. It was cold so we needed a blanket. We then hit the hay. I prayed, and prayed, and prayed that we would not hit rough seas. The Enchantment was out of control, and I hope that was my one and only experience of a hurricane or tropical storm.

Day 2 awaits- Sea Day activities, room tour, hot tub dilemma

Archived