First timer

214fingerman214

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Most people who have had aft balconies love them. I find something very calming in watching the ship's wake. When it comes to actually paying for one it would depend on how much more it was.

One of the few downsides I've read about is that you have a long walk to get anywhere on the ship.

The cons are two fold:

You have to walk further to get to venues than say if you were in the middle of the ship. The other con is you will feel the seas a little more than mid ship.

Pro is that you can get nice views and some people do like feeling the ship move.

Keith

My wife, 8yr old daughter and I booked an aft balcony on the triumph last November. We really loved the extra space. It really was so large we thought of it as an extra room. The room itself have little space for standing around and visiting. But on the extended balcony you can stand around and not feel like your right next to each other. Plus with the angle of the back of the ship you can visit with the passengers on the other balconies above and below your room plus on ether side. The aft stairs were not too far away and we were only two flights of stairs from the lido buffet and the aft pool. We will defiantly book another aft balcony on our next Triumph cruise.

Hello everyone, Im looking to book a cruise in April 2014. On the Carnival Triumph in Galveston... I was wondering what are the pros and cons to a Aft baclony vs a regular Balcony... is it worth the extra cash?

If you don't mind the extra walking. :D

Archived