Shuttle bus

stecee

We are about to go on our first ever cruise. We are sailing around the Med on the Epic.

When the ship docks, is there a shuttle bus to take you to an area where you can pick up public transport.

We will be docking at Livorno, Barcelona, Marsaille, Palma (Majorca) and Naples.

Thanks

Yes there is, but the details and costs vary by port.

From memory:

Naples - no bus needed

Rome - bus is required that drops you off outside the port. I have a feeling it is free.

Livorno - bus is required that drops you at the town square. It has a cost.

Marseilles - I've never got off but I believe that it is too far to walk to town so a bus is needed if you wZnt to go anywhere. It costs.

Palma - you can just walk off but it's a mile or two to town. I don't know if there are shuttles as we just wandered around.

Edit: sorry, I just noticed that you're not embarking at Barcelona. I believe that you can walk from there, but there is a cheap shuttle that goes to the end of Las Ramblas.

Yes there is, but the details and costs vary by port.

From memory:

Naples - no bus needed

Rome - bus is required that drops you off outside the port. I have a feeling it is free.

Livorno - bus is required that drops you at the town square. It has a cost.

Marseilles - I've never got off but I believe that it is too far to walk to town so a bus is needed if you wZnt to go anywhere. It costs.

Palma - you can just walk off but it's a mile or two to town. I don't know if there are shuttles as we just wandered around.

Edit: sorry, I just noticed that you're not embarking at Barcelona. I believe that you can walk from there, but there is a cheap shuttle that goes to the end of Las Ramblas.

Hi have visited these ports a few times the last on Epic in May this year.

Naples agree no shuttle needed as you can walk from the cruise terminal into the city or to a nearby bus station (5 minutes) or the ferry to Capri

Livorno as above or when we were there on Spirit we berthed close to the fortress and walked into town. Depends where ship docks as its a large port.

Marseilles large port away from the city. NCL provided a shuttle at 10/12 euro return per person that drops you off in the old port. Took 25 minutes. A long way to walk to the nearest public bus stop so worth getting the shuttle.

Rome (Civitavecchia) free bus to the port gate and a short walk to the town or prom or 10 minutes walk to the station for rail to Rome.

Palma NCL provided a shuttle at 10 or 12 euro ? return, to the city centre. However if you walk through the terminal and to the main road you can catch a regular bus into the centre or the Soller railway. We got the number 1 at 2 euro. (airport service via the centre)

Barcelona agree regular shuttle to the Columbus statue otherwise a fair trek to the port gate.

John

Archived